CHAPTER SEVEN

FIRE AND BLOOD
( CHAPTER SEVEN )
"FROM THE RUBBLE, WHAT DO I SEE?
THERE'S A WHOLE DAMN ARMY THINKIN' THAT THEY'RE GONNA HARM ME"

FIRE AND BLOOD( CHAPTER SEVEN )"FROM THE RUBBLE, WHAT DO I SEE?THERE'S A WHOLE DAMN ARMY THINKIN' THAT THEY'RE GONNA HARM ME"

290, BLACKWATER BAY

THEON GREYJOY WAS NINE-YEARS-OLD AND HE DIDN'T WANT TO DIE. He hadn't wanted to join his brothers' attack on King's Landing but his father insisted that it was about time for him to start acting like a true ironborn. Theon, personally, thought it was stupid but his father and older brothers thought it would make more of an impact because, apparently, Robert Baratheon had been dethroned and had been replaced by some Targaryen queen and King's Landing would already be in disarray.

Theon wasn't sure how he felt about that because the Targaryen seemed to have taken over King's Landing overnight so she had to have something up her sleeve, right? But when he mentioned that to his father, he just laughed and told him to get to Rodrik and Maron's ship.

The terrible feeling in Theon's stomach wasn't sated, in fact, it only got worse as they arrived at King's Landing in the middle of the night. His brothers started yelling at the soldiers to fire the trebuchets and Theon watched with a furrowed brow as he realized they weren't even aiming for the Red Keep, but the city itself.

He felt strange, especially as the terrified screaming of the citizens reached his ears. He tried to shake it off because he's an ironborn this is what they do, right?

"What the hell are you doing?" Rodrik snapped, appearing behind Theon and Theon jumped, eyes wide and turned around, "Get off your ass and go help. I don't even know why father sent you, you're more of a hindrance than a help."

Theon swallowed thickly and nodded. Rodrik was sober and Theon knew that Rodrik was much more irritable when he hadn't been drinking. He looked around, trying to figure out where he should go and Theon winced as Rodrik grabbed the back of his neck roughly, "Go find Maron and see what he needs you to do."

Theon nodded hastily and stumbled as Rodrik pushed him away, walking off toward the back of the ship. Theon let out a breath and wandered off toward the front of the ship, ignoring the looks his fellow ironborn were giving him.

Suddenly, he swore the little light around them blackened for a moment, as if something dark had flown above him but when he looked up, nothing was there. He frowned, narrowing his eyes and looking harder but there was nothing, just the darkened, cloudy sky above.

He shook his head, sure that he had just imagined it. He turned his attention back to the deck, sighing as he tried and failed to block out the deafening screams of the civilians of King's Landing. He looked up briefly and his eyes widened on something in the distance.

What is that? he thought, confused, trying to focus on whatever was in the air in the distance. It's flying, but it can't possibly be-