Chapter 2

FLASHBACKS

It’s getting close, come on so I could go back home and play with my brothers. This hunting thing sucks. I need a shower. My body reeks of blood and mud. Damn that stupid deer, just when I thought I finally had my chance and you chose to kick me on the face. Guess that what happens when you thought too much about it especially for a first timer.

“Ready bud?” My Uncle, the pack’s beta, Rick asked in excitement

“Whatever, this hunting thing sucks” I retorted making him chuckle

“Well that’s your fault for trying to outsmart a deer with your crazy ideas”

Just as he was done making fun of me, I lunged forward to the deer, as it ran forward to the forest trying to lose me. But it wasn’t its luck, I managed to catch the deer in time and cut its throat as it went limp in my paws. The hunting group howl in excitement as they watch me brought them my first hunt. It was my fifth attempted yet it was the first time I caught one. Turns out, hunting isn’t really that easy like they all say.

A howl coming from the pack house brought us back to reality. It wasn’t just a howl, it was a desperate howl. We ran back to the pack house just in time for us to join the fight. There was a rogue attack and it wasn’t just a group of ten or fifteen, it was huge about thirty of them. Even more.

I saw my dad, the Alpha fighting against probably the leader of the rogues as he tries to throw him down onto the ground. I could see the other pack members struggling to protect the pack house but no luck, some of them manage to go inside. I went inside of the pack house to find more of the rogues fighting against the war wolves and the subs or Omega.

I ran up to my parent’s room hoping to find my brothers so I could protect them. It was my luck, they were in there, but a brown wolf was cornering them and I could see my mother in her wolf form trying her best to protect them. She was injured, badly, and I chose the time to attack it while it was too busy focusing on my mother.

I pinned him down as the brown wolf struggles to break free from me. Even with my current strength, I had enough to claw him and rip his heart out from his chest. I ran over to my brothers who were now crying like a mess. I saw my mother limping onto the hard floor, trying to whisper something to me. I hugged my brothers as I listened to her last words.

“Shane, promise me you would protect your brothers in any kind of dangers. Don’t let them get hurt okay. I leave those two on your hands now. Get help from your Aunt Fay and Uncle Declan, they would take good care of you guys”

I nodded “Yes mom, we love you” as I felt a warm tears fell down from my eyes

“I love you too boys” as she closed her eyes and breath out her last breath

The boys cried even more as they watched their mother for the last time before I shift back into my wolf and carry them out of the pack house. Outside, I saw no one from the pack survived; they were all dead including the rogues. None of them survived and I was glad for that. But to my dismay, our dad, the Alpha didn’t survive the attack. Both sides were evenly matched. I looked around trying to find some survivor but there isn’t one.

I took the chance to go to the neighbor’s territory, Midnight pack, Alpha Kaden, my dad’s bestfriend to seek for help. When I reached there, I was instantly brought into their camps and treated for any major injuries. I told him about the attack, how no one survived and how my dad too was dead. He was trying his best to be strong but I knew inside, he was a sobbing mess. Both of them were a close friends and to find someone who you met half of your life dead is too much.

After a few days of settling in the pack, I decided to join in and become one of their pack members. I was treated differently from the rest as if I was one of their sons, but truthfully, I hated their kindness. I don’t need to be pitied; I just need to be treated equally like the rest of the pack members. The Alpha kept insisting that he wants to repay my father’s kindness but I assured him that it wasn’t a big deal and I could handle my brothers myself.