Chapter Two: Dragons Rain.

I woke suddenly in the early hours of dawn to the sounds of yelling and screaming outside.

"(Y/n)!" I hear my mother shout as her and my father bust into my room.

"Hurry we must go." My father tells me as I finish slipping on my boots and grabbing my personal sword from my bedside.

The air is filled with smoke as my parents and I run to the square, my friends are already grabbing buckets of water and running to put out fires.

"(Y/n) you're here!" Snotlout winks at me.

"Do your job Snothat!!" I shout at him while throwing a large amount of water onto a nearby house.

"You're mean!" He shouts and Astrid dunks water on him.

"Pay attention!" She screams.

I suddenly see a small figure running to the metal workers and being yelled at. Hiccup. I felt bad for him, but at the same time annoyed because he somehow always managed to find some way to destroy more than what the dragons already had.

"(Y/n)!" Ruff shouts.

"Sorry!" I yell raising my hand awkwardly and smiling.

My friends and I all run to the barrel that had been placed to refill our waters, as always Fishlegs was pushed away by Snotlout. The twins were fighting over a single bucket, and Snotlout was taking forever. Astrid and I had just diminished a small fire when a dragon shot towards us but missed. We all just walked away to go find more water to put out the fire.

Suddenly in all the chaos a single word throws everybody into a panic.

"Nightfury!!" We all take the nearest shield and cover our heads in hopes of escaping the wrath of the dragon.

Suddenly everybody was running and screaming as the dragon continued to attack the canons but it made me think. Why go after the canons? Does it know that those are a way to hit the dragons in the air?

But of course mine and the rest of the villages attention was drawn away from the fight to see Hiccup running away from a monstrous nightmare.

"Oh dear thor." I exclaim pinching the bridge of my nose.

I exhale but keep doing what I'm supposed to. I feel my hands sting as the thick rope rips bite at the skin on my hands. The wooden bucket that was filled to the brim with water struggles to keep the liquid inside as I put out the last of the flames that I saw.

"Is that all?" I ask as the gang and I walk to the village square.

The first light of day was poking from the oceans horizon lighting the sky from black to a dark purple. The smoke that covered the village seemed like it was beginning to clear.

As the group and I rounded the corner to the main square we see the top of a torch rolling down through the village.

My jaw dropped.

"Okay but I hit a night fury." I hear Hiccup say as he's picked up by his father from his pelt vest.

"Oooh! It's not like the last few times dad I really actually hit it! You guys were very busy and I had a very clean shot. It went down just beyond raven point let's get a search party out there before it-"

"Stop! Just, stop." Stoick shouts and then stares dead into his sons eyes.

"Every time you step outside disaster follows. Can you not see that I have bigger problems? Winter is almost here and I have entire village to feed!" Stoick shouts spinning his hand next to his head referring to those around us.

"Between you and me the village could do with a little less feeding don't you you think?" Hiccup asks and I throw a pebble at the back of his head.

"Good one (Y/n)." Snotlout says putting his hand on my shoulder, to which I then elbow him in the face.

"This isn't a joke Hiccup!" Stoick ridicules. "Why can't you follow the simplest orders?" He asks him.

"I can't stop myself. I see a dragon and I have to just kill it." Hiccup says making a neck breaking motion with his hands. "It's who I am dad." He drolls out, he clearly doesn't mean it.

"Oh, you're many things Hiccup. But a dragon killer is not one of them." Stoick tells him bluntly. He then says something to him before looking at Gobber, the blacksmith who was close by.

"Make sure he gets there." Stoick tells Gobber. "I have his mess to clean up." Stoick tells him looking down his nose to his son while Gobber smacks the upside of Hiccups head.

Ruffnut laughs as he walks by.

"Quite the performance. Tuffnut comments.

"I've never seen anybody mess up that badly. That helped." Snotlout said getting in Hiccups face.

"Thank you, thank you I was trying." Hiccup said putting his head down while Gobber shoved Snotlout back towards us.

The rest of the day was spent with my friends and I running around the village acting like a bunch of idiots.

We all decided having one last day of being teenagers was needed before we were going to be thrown into the training ring tomorrow morning.

That night I entered my house to see that both of my parents had packed a small bag of necessities and my heart dropped.

"Those ships never come back." I say quietly.

"You know us we'll come back." My mom says as they both hug me.

"Take this." My father says handing me a sheathe with our family seal printed on it.

"Dad, I can't." I say.

"You can, and you can make me proud." He says his voice becoming thick.

Both of my parents are holding onto me a little too tight. Like they're collecting one last memory to keep just in case.

"Please come back." I beg.

"We will." They promise at the same time.