page 17

As i made my way down the staircase, I saw Tristan standing there talking on his phone. He looked absolutely beautiful with his plain black shirt and black trousers. Damn, why did vamps have to be so beautiful. His brown hair was disheveled, but it added to the beauty of him. When he raised his eyes to me, I saw him gasp, his eyes appraised me approvingly.

"Wow Maya, you look gorgeous," he said as he twirled me around to look at me better. I blushed. He walked me over to the passenger's side of his car, opened the door and i went in. He quickly made his way over to the driver's seat and began to drive.

"I have never seen you feed?" I asked casually, making conversation. "Let's keep it like that "he barked out . 

"Well no need to throw a hissy fit, jeez," I replied. I decided it was better not to make conversation, so we remained quiet until he said " You really look nice tonight Maya, in fact you always look beautiful, I remembered the first time I laid eyes on you, I knew I had to have you, and here you are right with me" he said looking at me.

"Uh we are not together, its just a party we are attending together, and stop looking at me like that," I responded. 

He sighed. " Women, such difficult creatures" I smiled and looked out the window. What?the hell was wrong with me? I hated vamps, now here Tristan was making me blush and smile. Great, just great. When we arrived at the party, the valet opened my door and I slid out, he appraised me with lustful eyes and I smiled back warmly at him.

"Wow, all eyes are on you tonight" Tristan exclaimed, both vampires and humans, see I told you you look ravishing, no pun intended" he joked. As we made our way around the party Tristan began making slight conversation with vampires, inquiring about the myth of the day walker, but nobody seemed to know or opened up. I figured that much, nobody was talking. Tristan excused himself from me for the latter part of the night.

Tristan's p.o.v 

As I watched her from across the room, I could see why all male eyes were on her, she was truly a vision. Then she did the unthinkable, she began dancing with another man. What the hell was she thinking, did she not care how that would make me look or feel, I felt the anger building up in my chest as he ran his hands down her back. "What the hell are you doing?" I said through clenched lips, as I made my way towards them. 'Do you know who I am," I hissed staring at the man who was still touching her,"Yes sire, I did not know that she belonged to you, my humblest apologies, please forgive me."  

"Maya come here" I said as I pulled her away from the party. 

"What the hell are you doing" she said, as she slapped me across my face.