Home At Last (Yoongi x Reader)

"I'm going to be home late again," Yoongi said from the other side of the phone.

You sighed, "Are you sure? You haven't been home for a week."

"I'm sure. I wish I could be home early," he sighed. "How about you? When are you getting off of work?"

You shrugged, although he couldn't see. "Same time as usual. But it looks like I'm having another day alone."

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). I really am. Maybe sometime next week?"

"I hope so. I really do miss you, Yoongi."

"Me, too. Listen, I'll call you later. I have to get back to practice. See you." And he hung up.

You looked down at your phone and closed your eyes. You and Yoongi haven't been able to spend time together in a long time. Both of you, especially him, were busy with work. It was difficult finding a time that would work for both of you. Especially since his schedule was always different and hectic.

You put your phone back into your pocket as you continued working. Hours and hours passed until it was time for you to go home. You got up and stretched, grabbing your phone and texting Yoongi.

~~~~~

(Y/N):

Hey babe, do you want me to buy some food for you on the way home?

Yoongi:

Nah, it's fine. I think there's still some food from last night in the fridge, you can have that if you want

(Y/N):

Alright, make sure you eat too

Yoongi:

I will, don't worry about me. I'll see you later, love you💜

(Y/N):

Love you too💜

~~~~~

You sighed as you gathered your things and left, saying bye to your co-workers. You got into your car and started it up, scrolling through the songs on your phone.

As you scrolled through, your eyes landed on a song that Yoongi had written for you. You played and put it on repeat for the entire way home. A small smile appears on your face as you recall the memory of him showing it to you for the first time.

~~~

"(Y/N), can you come to the studio today? I need to show you something," Yoongi said over the phone.

You laughed quietly, "Yeah, I can. What do you need to show me?" You asked, curious.

It was quiet for a second before you heard him sigh, "I-It's a surprise. You'll see when you get here." He said quickly before hanging up.

You looked at your phone and raised an eyebrow at the way he was acting. He seemed nervous for some reason, it wasn't like him. He wasn't the type to let his nervousness show. But you just shrugged it off as you left the house, heading to the studio.

When you got to the company, you sent a quick text to Yoongi to tell him you were there. You walked inside the company and headed to Yoongi's studio. You greeted the various staff members that walked by as you made your way up.

When you were in front of the door, you lightly knocked before opening the door. You peeked inside to see Hoseok in the room, too. He noticed you at that door and smiled, "(Y/N), you're here already? I'll leave you and Yoongi alone." He said, walking past you to the door.