#002 | The Perfect Escape

The Perfect Escape

"I have to leave the city," he said that night just as he came home from work. "I am scheduled to go meet someone to settle a business deal and he is currently out of the country."

"How long will you be gone?" you asked him as you were helping him take off his coat.

"A week, more or less―" he watched you move around him, keeping his eyes on your face when you still had your attention in taking care of his attire. "Come with me."

Throwing a quick glance at him right when you heard him speak, you returned his gaze with wide eyes, "What?"

"Let's get away for a while," he said, taking both your hands in his. "I can't leave you here on your own, and we could stay a bit longer after my meeting. Just― Come with me and take a break from everything. It's been a while since we spend some time together, far from business talks and deadlines. Just us."

You remember looking straight into his tired eyes and realized that he did need that break. And for him to ask you to tag along with him warmed your heart that you had no other choice but to agree, "Of course, I'll go with you."

And that was how you find yourself right at this moment, enjoying the view of the night as you sit by the hotel bedroom window.

You tighten the robe that is covering your body when the cold breeze appears all of a sudden, allowing your body to shiver briefly. Your eyes are completely locked on the falling snow outside, mesmerized at the sight even when it was the sole reason why you are now staying inside the room instead of being out there having your dinner date as planned. The thick snowfall has rendered nearly everyone in this town immobile for the night when it was announced in the news that no vehicles are allowed to run down the streets, yet there is nothing stopping you from admiring its beauty.

The soft music that Yoongi has playing in the background serves as the perfect company of your solitude, accompanied by his deep voice that is speaking softly at the room service boy who had come in just minutes ago with your dinner―as a replacement for the fancy dinner which he had to regrettably cancelled earlier.