||6||

nervous, nervous, nervous_

_

yoongi sat nervously in a dark oak chair. currently, he and kim taehyung were at a local sushi place. tae seemed to be having a grand old time but not min yoongi, he was having a mild panic attack.

he kept thinking about starting a conversation but when he opened his mouth, he got scared and just whimped out. yoongi had been so focused on tae that he forgot to choose an item off the menu.

"what can a get you two gentleman?" a woman in a waitress outfit asked.

"i'll have the dinner bento please," tae smiled as he gave the menu back.

the waitress smiled back and looks toward yoongi, "and for you?"

yoongi blinked, "i- i'll have the same." he smiled softly and gave the menu back.

the waitress took the menus, "your food will be arriving shortly." she smiled and left.

now the painfully awkward silence was back, tae fiddled around with the silver ring on his pointer finger and yoongi just suffered in silence.

"start a conversation, start a conversation, start a conversation, start a conversation-."

"are you seeing anyone?" tae asked.

yoongi looked up in surprise, "me? no, why?" he asked.

tae fiddled around a little more, "you and hoseok seem awfully close." he teased.

yoongi looked down at his lap and tried not to think about his short but meaningful relationship with hoseok, because whenever he did, he started to cry.

tae saw that pained look on yoongi's face and he stopped laughing, "sorry.." he apologized nervously.

yoongi looked up, "what for?" he asked, trying not to look hurt.

"i- i shouldn't have joked with something serious." tae replied shakily.

yoongi smiled, "hoseok and i dated, past tense." he admitted, still smiling.

"did- did something go wrong?" tae asked, "you don't have to tell me if you don't want to though!" tae added quickly.

yoongi chuckled, the sadness he felt left quickly when he saw tae's flustered face, "he and i.. well.. we didn't... work out." yoongi half lied. indeed, they didn't work out but that wasn't the whole story.