Betrayal!

~Betrayal~

I entered his house, simply with the thought of surprising him, because he said he is busy and won't come to my place today.

I rang the bell, and kaka came and opened the door. He greeted me with a warm smile. I smiled back.

I asked if Manik is home, and he nodded and said that it's his time to go home, so he gave me the spare keys asking me to give it to Manik when I meet him, and kaka left.

Manik and I are together since I don't even remember when. We weren't the types who would wish each other monthly anniversaries. We used to flirt with other guys and girls too but stayed loyal to each other. And so I thought to give Manik a surprise.

I went to his room, and slightly pushed to see something that broke my heart. I felt betrayed. His eyes locked with mine and they were shocked.

I gave a tight lipped smile to him, threw his keys and something precious on the sofa and left, or rather ran from there. He ran behind me shouting, “Nandini! Nandini! Listen. Please I can explain.”

He ran behind me till the main gate of his house and then sneaked his hands around my waist and pulled me close.

My back collided with his front and there was a moment of silence. I gained my senses back and pushed him away and started going out, when he held my hand, pulled me inside the  house and locked the door with the key.

I turned my face away and he is like “Nandini, stop acting stubborn. I am sorry, and I can make up for it. Say, what do you want?”

I look at him with a straight face and said “Manik, not everything is give and take. You betrayed me today.”

He looks at me and says, “Nandini! Please stop acting over dramatic. Which betrayal are you talking about? Its just that I was hungry so I ordered a pizza and downloaded 3 Idiots. That's it.”

And I look at him and say, “And you say that you didn't betray me. First, you said you were busy. Secondly, you freakin' ate a pizza alone. Do you even realize how hurt I am?” Saying this I made a grumpy face.

There was again a moment of silence, and then he burst out laughing. I looked at him wide eyed, then shot him an angry glare.

He just looked at me, hugged me from behind and whispered, “Do you even realize how much you make me fall in love with you with that potato face of yours.”

I blushed hearing him but then something clicked my mind. He called me potato face. And I turned and said, “You called me a potato?” and he pulls me close, kisses on my neck and says “Yes, a potato. My cute chubby potato.” And finally I smiled.

He felt happy and hugged me tight. There I heard vehicle sound and saw a pizza delivery guy. My eyes twinkled with joy and Manik smiled at me, picked up the order, payed the guy and came back and held the pizza with one hand. And from the other he took out the ring from his pocket, and said,“Never ever throw this ring again in the sofa. This claims that you are mine.”

I leaned towards his lips, he got startled and kept staring me. I softly say while eyeing his lips, “It also claims that....”. He says,“that...”. I say,“that we are engaged and are getting married in a week best friend.”
I pushed him and ran with the pizza. He was surprised for a moment or two and then he shouted, “Nandini, you are so gone...” and ran behind me.

This was us. Two overdramatic yet too loving best friends who were getting married. And that was the basic rule of our relationship, “No Give and Take”. But I guess rules are meant to be broken. And breaking rules for pizza is always acceptable.

_______________________________________

So heya people! Nisshha is back!✨
And this time hopefully with some good content.
Hope you people like it!
If you do, then please hit the star button.
And all criticism is welcomed.
Feel free to comment everything that you found wrong.
And if you want something, then please let me know so that I write on it.

Till then signing off
Nisshha~