- PROLOGUE -

❤️

LUCA

     "Here is your order sir. Please enjoy."I shyly said as I hand over the coffee to the costumer. As he exited the cafe, another one came in and my co-worker took her order.

     I took a deep sigh and looked at the costumers who were drinking, eating and chatting inside the cafe.

     It was going to be another normal day at the cafe.

     I worked at this cafe for the past couple of months and this has been my fifth job since I graduated from college and I have to say everything is actually going smoothly.

     Due to my shy and timid personality, working at an office was like riding a roller coaster, everything was fine and suddenly everything went bad, and the worst part is that almost every tasked was passed on to me since I was new and every single one of those tasked I failed to accomplish, which made my boss fire me.

     This happened four times until I decided to get a job with a peaceful and less stressful environment, hence woking in a cafe. The pay was not too high, but it was enough for me to pay my rent and eat meals 3 times a day.

     "LUCA!!"Courtney said as she tackled me in a hug.

     "Get off me Courtney," I said as I tried to push her away form me.

     "Come on Luca, I have been taking orders from our costumers for hours and I need a warm hug from our cute and tiny barista, for me to feel refresh again." And ones again she latched herself on me.

     Courtney is a senior worker at the cafe and she taught me everything I need to know from making coffee, to cleaning the machines, and ever since then she has been taking good care me, but she is also clingy, especially when we have a lot of costumers, like what she is doing to me now.

     "Come on Luca, give big sister Courtney a hug too~" As she continue to hug me.

     As I was about to say my protest, the bell above the cafe door rang and two gorgeous people entered. All of the people inside the cafe felt the confidence radiating from the two even Courtney released me from her hug, which rarely happens.

     The man of the two went to the counter, while the women with blazing red hair waited near claiming area.

     "Excuse me miss, I would like to order one grande of Espresso and one grande of Frappé Coffee." The gorgeous man ordered and Courtney tried, like literally tried, to concentrate and took his order.

     Everything inside the cafe started to quiet down as I looked at the women with the scarlet red hair, she was just simply standing, but her demeanor says a lot and confidence is one of them.

     Courtney called out for me and I startled and jumped a little.

     "They ordered a grande Espresso and grande Frappé Coffee," I looked at the beautiful girls ones more and went to make their coffee.

     Courtney went beside me, as I make their order, and asked, "Those are gorgeous right?"

     "I guess?"I said and looked at the beautiful lady ones more, then suddenly she looked at my direction and I blushed making me turn my head quickly.

     Courtney somehow noticed it and she grinned widely and said, "It seems like our shy little Luca has a crush!"

     "What? No Courtney, you have it all wrong." I persuaded as I finished their drink.

     "Whatever you say Luca~" Courtney said as she pinched my cheeks and went back to the cash register.

     I finished both of the drinks and went to the claiming area. As I arrived in front of the gorgeous beings in front of me, I gave them their drinks and said, "Here are your orders. Please enjoy." In a shy and timid voice.

     The man took the grande Espresso, while the woman took the grande Frappé Coffee. As the man took a sip from his drink he immediately went out, while the woman gave a very beautiful smile and said, "Thank you." And followed the man outside the cafe.

     "Was that man gorgeous or what? Right Luca?" Courtney said with a teasing tone and I just dumbly nodded.

     "So... You liked him right?"

     "Huh?" I asked rather confused.

     "I said, you liked the man who ordered the Espresso right?" When Courtney finished her question, my face suddenly turned bright red and Courtney started laughing.

     "No! I don't like him!" I said as I tried to calm myself and Courtney continued laughing and said, "Its fine Luca, being gay is already normal, so you don't have to be embarrassed."

     "Courtney I am serious. I don't like him. I like the woman beside him." I said as I continue to blush, due to me admitting my sudden likeness to the woman.

     Courtney stopped laughing and examined me and she suddenly knew I was serious and asked, "Your not gay?"

     "No I am not Courtney." I timidly said to her and she nodded and said, "I'm sorry Luca."

     "Its fine Courtney, you don't have to feel guilty. A lot of people thought I'm gay because of my personality and height."

     "I just really thought you were gay because of how fluffy and cute you look~" Courtney said cutely as she pinched my face.

     "So you really like her huh." Courtney said as she nudged me and again I blushed slightly. Courtney suddenly screamed in joy, making the costumers look at us and I looked at them and said sorry, then they continued what they were doing.

     "I never knew that was the type of woman you are interested in Luca."

     "Yeah neither did I." I said lowly as I remember what she looks like.

     "Who do you think she is?" I asked Courtney as I stared at where she was standing moments ago.

     Courtney became silent and took her phone out. Minutes later she jumped in joy and said, "I found her!"

     "I don't think you can find her -" before I can finish my sentence, Courtney showed me her phone and there on the screen is the woman with scarlet hair.

     "How did you find her?" I asked Courtney as I skimmed the site and she proudly say, "Their is no one in this world that I can not find Luca."

     I skimmed the article more and right before the article finished, I found her name, a name very fitting for her gorgeous and very distinct trait.

"Scarlett Evergreen."

-