• 3•

Name: Jeon Jungkook
Age: 18, born on the 1st of September
Mental illness: Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

Was written on the little sign on the large wooden door. The hallway was rotten and dark, almost as if a light had never been led in here before. The whole place was like a castle, large and grand. Even though there were low ceilings, hanging right above my head.

My heart sunk deep down and made a piercing pain run right through. The pain had an obnoxious warmth to it, biting at my stomach. The person I once had loved the most was now sitting here, in a psychiatric hospital with PTSD.

Of course, my mom didn't go with me, not that I'd expect her to. She never cared, she only does for some time before she goes back to being the cold-hearted person she is. Even though Jungkook isn't her real family, she could've at least visited him here, but instead, it's me who's here alone.

I couldn't ever possibly forgive myself, running away as I did, but there was something I might be able to do to make things right again. Knowing I would be seeing his face again in a few seconds made the excitement rise and wave through me.

Slowly, I turn the doorknob around, taking a deep breath filling up my lungs with the dirty air of the hospital. The door opens gently with a slight creaking sound. Suddenly all the reasons not to do this came flooding in, I feel panic starting to slowly build up inside of me, trying to figure out what to do next.

The door was only half opened, and it didn't seem as if somebody had seen me, or rather, he had seen me.

If I backed away now, the cramping feeling in my stomach would fade, but I couldn't leave without a visit. It had been so long, almost 8 months since I had seen his beautiful face. It had been so long, that imagining him inside my head was started to get difficult as if the images I was looking for wasn't there.

I tried breathing slowly as I made my decision to go in there. My breathing then became unsteady, fastening and limping. It was impossible to avoid the building tension and knots forming inside my stomach, making it physically hard to breathe. Adrenaline floods my system, It pumps fastly as if it's trying to escape.

The door opened all the way, widely, which made the whole room visible to me now.

There he was, instantly catching my full attention.

Everything around me seemed to suddenly blurt out, making nothing else noteworthy for me than him, only him. I couldn't move, not physically but mentally it felt as if I was running fastly on the spot, my heart beating so fast that I couldn't follow up on its pace.

He was here, right there in front of me.

It took him some time to realize my presence, but as he did, his big brown eyes suddenly widen. His body shook quickly and then he sat still, completely still, almost as if he was numb and unable to move. Both of us were paralyzed, trapped in a trance.

"Jungkook," I say his name in a low voice, almost inaudible. It felt so strange to speak his name, and it didn't feel completely normal as it left my lips. "I'm sorry."

He had grown so much, he had that kind of face that stops you in your tracks to observe every little detail of him. His face was strong and defined, lips still as perfect as kissable as I remember them. If it was even possible by now, he was even more beautiful than last time I saw him.

"Vivian," he said in an even lower voice, but yet enough to make my heart go wild.

Our eyes locked with each other's, almost creating an intense staring contest between us

Our eyes locked with each other's, almost creating an intense staring contest between us. It had been so long, so long since my eyes had just blindly stared into his brown ones.

"I came here to apologize for everything, what I did is unforgivable," I said breaking the tension and silence between us, it felt like a small weight being lifted off my shoulders.

Jungkook got up from the hospital bed, instantly catching my full attention. My heart hammered painfully hard against my chest as his tall figure started nearing mine, slowly towering over me.

It felt too unreal, insanely unbelievable that he was standing right here in front of me after 8 long months of zero contact. The lack of his presence had slowly driven me crazy, but having him here now fill out all the emptiness.

"Are you not gonna say anything?" I asked him, bringing my hand up to stroke his upper arm with gentle movements.

He flinched at the sudden contact, so did I. It was almost surreal to touch his bare skin again. My hand didn't leave his arm as I continually stared into those beautiful coffee-colored eyes in front of mine.

With shaking movements, Jungkook brought his hands up to cup my face ever so gently. His breathing was heavy and loud, mildly hitting my face. Jungkook caressed my cheek with his thumb as we just looked at each other, the silence was long needed for us and staying like that for a few moments.

I wanted to touch every inch of his delicate skin, hold him tight until the air would leave our bodies forever, leaving us limp and glued to each other.

"You're here," he whispers to me, still holding my face in his large hands. "you're really here."

My feet started feeling so light as the words started leaving his lips, almost falling for him all over again. I wanted to cast myself over him so badly, tackle him to the floor and shower him with hugs and kisses.

"Yes, I'm here Jungkook." I wrapped my arms around his tall shaking body, clutching my palms into his back. "And I won't leave you again."

_____
{author}

Hello my loves, hope everyone is enjoying the story so far.

Don't worry! This isn't the end, the story has only just begun ;)