• 4 •

I held my ex-lover tight in my arm, clutching my first into the back his shirt.

Both of us had waited for what felt like an eternity for this moment. It had been months, long and painful months without his presence, without any contact with the only person I couldn't be without.

"Why are you here?" I suddenly spoke to him, slowly pulling myself away from his chest where I had left his shirt wet with tears.

He went silent for a moment, not even his breathing was audible for me anymore, only a short sigh left his lips.

"Didn't you read the sign on the door?" He asked me quietly, almost as if he was embarrassed.

"PTSD huh?" I bit my bottom lip in an attempt to hold back a cry, "what happened Jungkook?"

He looked down shortly, then up at me again. It was impossible to unsee how absolutely breathtaking he is, every facial feature on him took my breath away, literally. But he wasn't the Jungkook I was used to seeing, something about him was rather different than before.

"I never meant to hurt you." Jungkook unexpectedly says, reaching his hands out to hold mine. His hands were surprisingly cold, his skin looked paler than ever and lips all dried out. "Vivian, I would never lie to you."

Jungkook held my hands a little too firmly, squeezing them tightly in his own.

"But you did." I tried freeing my hands from his tight grip, but I didn't succeed. No matter how much I tried yanking myself away from him, nothing seemed to work against the strength of his hands.

"Don't try to get away from me now, you left me alone for so long, don't turn your back at me again Noona." He pleaded, tightening his hands around mine even more. "It wasn't me."

The more I stood in front of him with my hands trapped in his, the more I could see what a monster he had become within those 8 months apart from him. This wasn't the boy he is, something certainly had changed. The aforementioned attraction about him was turning into a face of sorrow and anger.

I could no longer address him as my brother, but whoever was standing in front of me was scaring me.

"Then who was it, who did this to us?" I eventually build up the courage to ask, straightening my back in an attempt to look less frightened of him.

"Namjoon, it was Namjoon and his stupid ideas of revenge," Jungkook said, taking a deep breath after finishing his sentence.

I stopped for a second to observe Jungkook's facial expression, he could easily be lying to me. At the same time, I clearly recall the look on Namjoon's face as I left the school.

"Why would Namjoon want revenge on me? He was the one who cheated on me."

Jungkook finally let go of my hands, leaving them slightly red and compressed. His eyes found mine instantly, his dry lips slightly parted. "Sit on the bed."

Without hesitation I obeyed his order, making my way over to the tiny, rock hard hospital bed. It was obviously way too small for his body, which must have coasted a lot of sleeping problems for him.

I felt bad, this was my fault, even if I had realized that long ago I couldn't go back and change what I had done in the past.

Jungkook joined me on the bed a few seconds after, sitting down next to me leaving a little space between the two of us.

A moment of silence fell upon us, only the sound of low breathing could be heard in the half-empty hospital room.

The place looked awfully old as if it hadn't been taken care of or cleaned in years. The bed was all rusty, the white wallpaper was flaking off the walls, it looked almost abandoned in here.

"It had been going on for a few months," Jungkook suddenly spoke up, turning himself to face me with his beautiful copper brown eyes. "Namjoon hadn't ever spoken a word to me before, but suddenly I saw him everywhere I went."

I straightened my back and leaned in closer to him, listening carefully to every word leaving his lips.

"After you broke up with him, he had suddenly changed his whole behavior not only towards me but everyone. It is no lie that I was the one who wrote the notes to you, but Vivian, I could've never done such a thing without a very important reason. " he stopped for a moment, staring down at his own hands which were tangled in each other. "Even though you might've thought Namjoon was the brain behind all of this, he wasn't alone."

Copying Jungkook's actions, I stopped for a short moment to gather up all the information I had been told.

"What do you mean? Was it Namjoon who told you to write those notes?"

He paused for a little while before speaking up again, taking a deep breath before doing so.

"Indeed he did, but he never knew you weren't actually my sister. Therefore he thought he could use it against you when he saw us kiss one night outside in the rain."

My eyes widened at that sentence, swallowing down the lump in my throat I tried to snap back to reality. The information I had been told was unbelievable, my ex-boyfriend had seen me kiss Jungkook back then, while we thought no one else was there.

"Namjoon went to me not long after, blackmailing me with every little trick he had. Of course, he didn't know the truth, but I had known it for quite some time back then. Sadly, our sweet parents weren't aware that I knew about our little family secret." A sudden smirk spread across Jungkook's face, almost as if he was proud of himself. "After Namjoon had gotten annoyingly suspicious, that's when little miss clingy came into the picture. I had to prove to Namjoon he was wrong in his case, and the only way I could do that was to pretend I had an interest for someone else."

Another lump had been forming in my throat as I listened to Jungkook telling me the whole story. My heart had skipped a few beats on the way, and my stomach had been fighting against the painful knots forming.

Somehow I felt stupid, now knowing he had kept all these secret for me some months ago, but had never been able to hide anything from me when we were younger. I guess age changes people drastically.

"Jungkook," I called out his name in a low voice, "why didn't you tell me what was going on?"

"That's what's blackmailing is all about, my love, I couldn't let anyone know a word."

______
{author}

I hope everyone is slowly catching up on everything had has happened in the story.

Sorry for not uploading so much lately, I have had an annoying writer's block.

Next chapter will let you know the rest of the whole situation that happened back then 8 months ago with Namjoon and the whole gang.

A lot of shit is about to go down my dudes 😏