Chapter 16: An Unexpected Visit

Spencer:

Knock knock knock. Shit. I hurry to grab the towel that's hanging next to the shower and tie it around my waist before I head to the door, dripping water on the hardwood floors throughout my apartment. I'm greeted by the sight of Catherine in a skimpy tank top and shorts, adorable and sexy all at once. Not all women can pull that off but she doesn't even have to try. She just is.

Before I can utter a word she flings herself into my arms, lips colliding with mine. An involuntary growl escapes me as I crush her to me and back her up, pinning her to the door and effectively shutting it.

Catherine locks her shapely legs around my waist and I notice her tank top is soaked, her nipples pebbling through the thin material. I waste no time in peeling it off. "Jesus Christ." She's so fucking amazing. Her breath hitches as my fingers find her core and I notice she's not wearing anything under her shorts. "Are you trying to fucking kill me, Catherine?" I barely recognize my own voice. My fingers pump in and out, faster, harder and her head falls back against the door, her mouth open on a silent moan.

Our kiss intensifies as my fingers continue to work on her clit and with one arm around her waist, I carry her to the bedroom. We don't break the kiss as I lay her gently on the bed and stretch out between her parted thighs. She whimpers as my fingers leave her to strip off her shorts and remove my towel and then our hands are everywhere. Urgent. Needy. Memorizing every curve and dip. My lips claim hers in a bruising kiss and I can't wait. I sink into her and she's so wet, so warm. Pulling almost all the way out, I slam back into her making her cry out. "Fuck, Catherine," I pant her name as the adrenaline courses through me and I start fucking her harder. Because that's what this is. It's not tender. It's not making love. It's frantic, feverish and somehow I know that's exactly what she needs.

"Oh my God, Spencer! Yes!" Hearing her scream my name does something to me and I thrust harder, almost punishing; pushing her into the headboard and I don't think either of us could stop if we wanted to. Our breaths mingle as she digs her fingernails into my back and I moan deep in my throat at the sharp stab of pain. I drag my teeth along her neck and shoulder, eliciting a tremble from her and I feel her tighten around me. I know she's close when her breathing speeds up and I move her ankles to up to my shoulder, my grip rough on her thighs. The new position allows me to stroke her deeper, harder and she shatters around me. Her head thrown back and her lips moaning my name is the hottest fucking thing I've ever seen and it sends me catapulting over the edge with her. Cursing loudly, I slam into her one last time, my whole body tensing above hers. Blood roaring in my ears, I call out her name as I collapse on top of her.

I rain kisses along her neck and revel in her warmth. Hearing her sigh contentedly, I move to her side so as not to crush her but the need to be close to her takes over and I pull her to me. We lay in silence, our hearts still racing and the air cooling our heated skin.

"So...that was unexpected," I say, my voice hoarse.

"Are you complaining?" She asks, as her fingers begin drawing unknown designs on my chest. I'm not one to cuddle after sex. Or ever, really. But just the intimacy of her fingers on me, so casually, makes me wonder why I haven't been a fan of it before. She's different. We're different. And I wait for the fear that revelation brings but it never comes. Now if I could convince her of that...

"Not in the least. What are neighbors for if you can't count on them when you need something? Or when you're horny?"

"I'm really hoping you don't just show up randomly at Mrs. Bennett's across the hall whenever the mood strikes," she laughs softly and I can hear the fatigue in her voice.

"No, sweetheart. I definitely don't.There's only one neighbor I'm interested in and I can promise you it's not Mrs. Bennett. Now sleep. You need the rest."

As if on cue, she yawns and snuggles in closer to me. Her body fits mine perfectly, like she was made just for me and I can't seem to get enough. For a split second, I consider trying for round two but I know she's tired and honestly, so am I. But just as I start to drift off a thought hits me like a ton of fucking bricks and I look down to Catherine to find she's already fast asleep. Fuck. We didn't use a condom.

Sorry this chapter was so short! And to leave it on a cliffhanger like that. What do you think will happen next? I'd love to hear your opinions!