Windows and Doors

"The phantoms are trusting Him to free them? That imbecile couldn't even follow a simple instruction"
The shadow bear leaned against the wall, standing next to two other purple figures.
"Awww don't be like that~ where's your sense of adventure?"
"It died along with him" the bear huffed while gesturing to the seemingly sleeping figure hunched over on the ground.
"Ruuuude, you can't speak ill of the dead!"
"I doubt he can even hear us"
"You never know!" The purple bunny stuck its tongue out.
"I prefer to think I'm knowledgeable, and i say that he cannot hear us. Just like all the other times we've tried to communicate."
"Yaaaah but he was living then. Things are different now" the other giggled.
The bear rolled its eye and looked away.
"You'll see, I've got a good feeling. Things are about to change wildly." The bunny shadow giggles.
Then as quickly as they appeared both purple shadows faded away.
Leaving the rotten bunny alone
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ethan awoke at the sound of his alarm.
He continued to lay in bed though, he knew he had to get up, he wanted to look up some things before heading back to Fazbears fright.
But his bed was warm and comfortable.
"Hhhhnnn five more minutes?" He mumbles into his pillow.
But his stomach growled loudly in protest.
"...okay okay, I'll get up" he grumbled while sitting up.

Ethan sat in front of his computer while eating a Biscuit, typing with one hand was hard but not impossible,
"Let's see let's see- aha! Freddy Fazbears pizza! Wonder what dirt you've got." He grinned while reading though articles of...
A whole lot of unorganized mess
Ethan found himself reading up on conspiracy theory boards that were so over the top that Ethan couldn't buy it.
"Why's everything always connecting back to aliens or government secrets anyway? Aliens are cool and all but I don't think they're responsible for everything." Ethan quipped at his screen while taking another bite of his puny breakfast.
Or would it be closer to dinner?
Eh, he didn't pay attention, he then got another idea
"Okay maybe looking for general knowledge isn't smart but if I'm more specific..."
he typed in 'missing children's incident: freddy Fazbears'
Some articles loaded onto the screen.
"Jackpot"
Ethan spent most of the afternoon reading various articles, writing down names he thought were important; Family names, investigators, and suspect names. He wanted to be thorough but soon he had to stop, the subject matter was getting too grim for him at this point.
He had to go back to work anyways.
Before he left he wrote down the hints he got from his dream last night, just in case he forgot. Then headed to his car.
——————
Fazbears fright stood as is usually did, an unassuming horror attraction.
Almost as if the building was hiding the secret murder rabbit inside from unknowing outsiders.
"Hah," Ethan muses, "just like the past Freddy's then." He walked inside while mumbling "congrats Justin, you've got yourself an authentic Freddy's experience here"
He was early and had a feeling that he'd be safe to wander before night mode officially kicked in.
Of coarse this 'safety' didn't last long when he was immediately greeted with a spectral bear sitting in his usual seat.
"...can I help you?" Ethan asked casually while putting his stuff on the desk.
"Uh yah, I-I mean Yes! You can." The phantom straightened his posture. "I've come to inform you that, er, If you try any funny business with my friends I will personally, uh, make you regret it!" Phantom freddy crosses his arms and glared at the man, who simply blinked in response. "So... was that a threat or?"
"P-Perhaps it was a threat!" The bear huffed, though he reminded Ethan more of a child with how he was reacting.
A child wanting to be seen as mature
Ethan couldn't help but start snickering. Though apparently this was not the response the bear wanted as he frowned and stood up. "Hey! I'm being serious!" The bear looked over the man as he covered his mouth. "Sorry Heh Sorry! It's just- pfshh if you were so worried you could have done something else." The Man calmed himself down as the freddy tilted his head. "What- what do you mean by-"
"physically you really can't do much to me because..." Ethan demonstrated by walking right though the phantom bear, it sent a cold chill up his spine, but he had apparently made his point clear to the bear as he froze a moment before turning around. "T-that wasn't very funny sir!" He huffed as Ethan plopped himself onto the chair while chuckling. "Look I get it, you're worried about your friends. I give you my word, I won't try to hurt them or anything."  This caused the bear to pause. "Promise?" He asked quietly, and Ethan nodded. "Swear on my life" phantom freddy now visibly relaxed. "That's.. good, good" he nodded before turning to look at the slip of paper Ethan had placed on the desk. "What's this?" He asked while pointing at it.
"Oh that? List of names, decided to do some research on Freddy's, I mean I'm surprised I haven't looked before but eh better late than never" he shrugs while picking up the tablet. "If anything rings any bells for ya let me know, Kay Fred?" Ethan casually stated while flipping through the cameras to find Springtrap.
It was now midnight and the game had begun.
Freddy and Ethan were sitting together in a comfortable silence while Ethan kept Springtrap away, maybe he was already getting desensitized to this paranormal situation?
Perhaps not.
Perhaps it's simply the fact that Ethan wasn't afraid to die that kept him so calm.
But perhaps not
"MISTER NIGHT GUARD THE VENTS!"
Phantom Mangle jumped out behind the window, startling Freddy enough that he fell. Ethan looked up. "Huh? The vents?"
"VENTS VENTS HES IN THE VENTS!" They continued to screech. Ethan quickly clicked though the vent cameras and spotted Springtrap crawling towards the office. Ethan hastily sealed the vents cutting off the rabbits progress, he heard a loud THUNK ring though the vents and various angry hissing.
"...I think he's mad" Ethan jokes.
None of the phantoms laughed. Ethan sighs and mumbles to himself "I keep forgetting about the vents."
"Thank you Mangle" phantom freddy nods towards the fox who grins happily before disappearing. Soon it was just Ethan and the bear alone in the room.
"...Ethan, Sir?Phantom freddy asked. The man hummed and looked over.
"Can... can I take this list with me?" He pointed towards the slip of paper. "Oh that? Yah sure knock yourself out." He nods and the bear grins and tries to grab the paper.
But his hand phased right though the table.
Phantom freddy continues to try in vain to grab the slip of paper, progressively getting more and more frustrated until Ethan is seeing black, inky tears in his eyes.
"Uh... okay how about this." Ethan checks the tablet one more time before standing up. "I'll take the list to wherever you want me to, sound good?" Freddy stayed quiet but nodded.
Deciding to leave the office probably wasn't the smartest move. He was unguarded and doubted one phantom bear would be enough to keep a very real rotten rabbit away from him.
But then again Ethan Smith isn't known for making smart decisions.
Currently he was following phantom Freddy to who knows where while holding his note sheet filled with names. He still wondered what those hints in his dreams meant when he spotted something hanging innocently on the wall.
It was a picture of balloon boy holding a bright red balloon. It was crudely drawn, clearly a child's art, but it had an air to it that felt almost inviting.
"Sir Ethan?" Phantom freddy turned back and noticed the man wasn't following. Ethan jumped and smiles. "Sorry about that. Just uh, hm. Well it's not that important."  He quickly caught up to the phantom and soon they reached their destination.
It was a corner, it had a wall covered in children's drawing with one picture of the puppet holding a present at its center. "This is it, can you hang the list here please?" The bear asked. Ethan couldn't find any pins or tape so he had to improvise, he folded the top of the list and carefully balanced it on one of the currently hanging images. He nodded and stepped back when he was done. "Looks good! So uh, quick question," Ethan asked as the bear looked back over to him. "Where's the arcade machine?"
"Oh! It's not too far. Just down the hall and past- Springtrap!"
The phantom jumped back into a wall and Ethan didn't even have to look,
He could feel the rotten rabbit looming behind him.
"Well shit"
Ethan ducked just under the rabbits arm as he grabbed for the man. He dashed down the hallway with the rabbit's loud footsteps not far behind him. As Ethan dashed down the hallway he spotted that innocent Balloon Boy poster again, taking a risk he made a grab for it. As soon as his fingers touched the page his vision buzzed and he went limp. Before he could even hit the ground Ethan's world went black.
—————
Ethan awoke in a strange area, the walls and floor were colored blue and floating platforms hovered above him. The man sat up and held his head. "What the... what happened?"
"Hey Hey! A Little Help Here?" A boys voice called out. Ethan looked up and saw Balloon boy on a platform waving down at him. Ethan looked up. "Huh? What? Are you talking to me?"
"Well Yah! There Aren't Any Other Fancy Rabbits Here!" Rabbits? Ethan only now looked down and noticed he was wearing a different outfit. It looked to be a white vest over a blue dress shirt and pants. He stood up and dusted himself off, and only then did he notice the two half glowing set of bunny ears floating above his head. "What!?" He looked up and tried to grab one, and sure enough it was real. Ethan blinked in surprise, than he started to laugh.
"Heh haha HAH OH my God! Bunny ears?!" He laughs while the other observer huffs with impatience. "You Done Yet?"
Ethan catches his breath and calms down. "Y- pshh yah I'm good. You, you said you needed help right?"
"Like Yah I Do! See All These Balloons?" He gestures around himself. "I Need Six Of Them. Get Them For Me Will Ya?" He demanded. Ethan decided why the hell not and gave a thumbs up. He spotted the first ballon next to him and grabbed it, jumping up to the higher ledges he grabbed balloon number two, three, four, and five. But as he jumped back down to balloon boy he couldn't find any more balloons. "Hey uh, I think that's all of them." Ethan shrugged and tried to offer the kid his bunch of red balloons. "Nope! There's One left. Look Harder"
"Listen kiddo, I've checked all over and there isn't another balloon here." Ethan sighed, he spotted an exit door and almost started to head towards it before the boy put a hand on his chest, halting his progress.
"I Said. Look. Harder"
Ethan was shoved back, and fell though the wall.
Ethan let out a scream as he felt himself fall down and down into a dark void, thankfully the balloons in his hand were slowing his fall just before he hit the ground. Ethan lands onto the blackened floor shaking, his limbs feeling like noodles.
"H-holy shit man" he breathed to himself as he struggled to regain his composure.
"What the f- Hell was that for!?" He yelled back up into the void, he heard the echoed laughs of the boy in response.
He shakily looked up and spotted what looked like a tree in the distance. Regaining his strength, Ethan pushed himself onto his feet and made his way forward. The closer he got to the tree he more unnerved he became. The tree was dark as night and surrounded by dark sobbing figures, they didn't seem to notice Ethan as he passed though, which unsettled the man. Quickly making his way past the sobbing people, soon Ethan spotted another blue cube room. Walking up to the wall he decided to stick his freehand up to the wall and sure enough the wall wasn't real, and his hand passed right though no problem. "Heh, weird." He chuckled to himself as he enters the new room. The only thing he saw was a multicolored balloon waiting on a platform like the prize at the end of a level. Ethan jumped up to it and reached out.
Once it was in his hands the world began to fade.
And Ethan's world went black
———————
Ethan awoke back in his office, sitting at his desk, alive and seemingly unharmed. He looked around in confusion and checked the time.
3 AM
"Huh? When did I...." he mumbles to himself, leaning back and rubbing his head. "I was... okay so was that balloon thing real? And what about- oh SHIT Springtrap!" Ethan swore and scrambled to pick up the tablet and find the robot. Soon he found him standing in front of the balloon boy poster, just starring at it in confusion. Was he there the whole time?
"...you're confused too huh bud?" He gave a hollow chuckle.
"Oh! You're back!" Ethan heard a female voice behind him and looked back. Standing a little too close for comfort was phantom Chica, she was looking at him eagerly. "Uh... yah what just-"
"You know I didn't think Mari was right about the whole window thing but then you went into one and I was like Wow! He actually did it! Though you did just disappear and that was scary." She interrupted and continued to ramble. Ethan just slowly nodded and let her talk, he glanced down at the tablet and noticed phantom puppet in the corner, was she going to talk to Springtrap?
"Hey! Are you listening?" Phantom Chica was suddenly behind the tablet and poked her head though, causing Ethan to jump.
"Oh! Uh yah sorry. Just uh, saw the puppet." He explained while tilting the tablet towards the chicken. She looked over and made a soft gasp. "Uh oh! I hope they don't start fighting. Mari is really scary when she's mad." Chica worried, she had moved onto the desk now, just sitting on the edge.
"Huh... I didn't get that impression off them..." Ethan mumbles. Then he gets an idea. "Wait, if they fight that'd be a distraction," Ethan starts to stand up causing Chica to tilt her head. "What do you mean mister Ethan?"
"I'm going to the arcade machine" the man declares before checking the tablet one last time, it does look like phantom puppet and Springtrap are in a stand off.
It's the perfect distraction for him to slip past.
"I'll go with you! I know the quickest way there" Chica offers and Ethan smiles at her. "Thanks a bunch, lead the way."