Part 1 - Meeting Petals

It was just a normal day at Beacon. You mostly spent the day reading books and surfing the net at the library. Now, what's your plan for today?

To spend the day reading books and surfing the net at the library. Again.

But this time, you felt like you could use some company. Company from team RWBY. You knew that their team is kinda cool, especially Yang, who had been your friend since you were a pizza-loving ten-year-old.

Today is a weekend, which means a whole lot of free time for you and your buds. Only this time you are not with your buds at all.

You knock on the door of the very dorm room of Team RWBY. You begin feeling excitement and anticipation knowing you're about to fetch company from the team that you admire the most out of all the teams in Beacon.

"Who's there?" You hear a muffled voice behind the door. And who would do such a thing?

"It's me, Yang. Open up." You said enough for the delinquent inside to hear.

"Who??" The voice behind the door asks about your identity.

"Your friend? (Y/N) (L/N)?" You answered.

Then the door finally swung open, you were relieved to see Ya-uhh I mean you were a little annoyed that it was Ruby, Yang's little sister who answered the door instead of Yang herself.

In fact, you never really actually bothered to get to know this kid ever since you and Yang first became friends. She was nothing but just a background character to your life until now.

"Oh, hi!" Ruby said in surprise, scratching the back of her head.
"What a pleasant surprise! My apologies.. Yang isn't here.. she's.. uhh.. somewhere around out there doing maybe some crazy stuff." She said then chuckles.

You only stared at her in spite.

That look you gave her was a little threatening that she almost thought about putting you in the 'Avoid' list.

"Okay.. how about Blake?" You asked.

"Blake? Well, she told me she just went to buy something outside the academy in the city." Ruby answered to you respectfully.

"And Weiss?"

"She..." Ruby began scratching her head again. "..did not tell me.." She finished, then chuckled awkwardly.

You were there, standing infront of her like a cynical rogue that bids no trust in the person infront of him. She had her hands behind her as you two spoke.

But again, she's not just 'Yang's little sister'. If Yang hadn't been her sister, you'd see Ruby now as an all-new friend who you met just to add into your adventure pack.

"Good job answering those questions. Petals." You said sarcastically, crossing your arms.

"I got one." You stated. "Are they really not in there?"

"Y-yeah. Just me."

"Alright, come on, Petals, let's get movin'." You patted Ruby's shoulder twice and head out, expecting for Ruby to tail you right away.

"W-wait! What do you have in mind?" Ruby called you, then you stopped.

"I need an assistant at the library. Because, unfortunately, I only have two arms." You answered.

"Oh?" Ruby prepped herself up, locking her team's dorm room. "A-alright! I'm available!"

"But are you up for the challenge?" You asked her.

"Are you kidding? I'm up for any challenge!" Ruby stated.

"Because you're gonna need a tough heart if you're gonna partner with me." You told her.