five

It was evident that Thor was still in shock over the news of Odin's health and so Athena didn't blame him when he didn't immediately notice the Bifrost reopening. Athena did, however, and walked over to the window to look at it more clearly.

"Was somebody else coming?" Darcy asked softly as she stared at the funnel of dust forming from the Bifrost. Everyone walked outside to observe what was happening in the distance. Athena touched her bracelet, knowing that she was going to have to use it.

"Jane, you have to leave." Thor said to Jane, making Athena raise an eyebrow. She had been unaware of feelings between the two.

"What are you gonna do?" Jane questioned him, in concern.

"I'm staying here." Thor claimed.

"Thor is gonna fight with us." One of his friends claimed in excitement.

"My friends, I'm just a man. I'll only be in the way, or worse get one of you killed. But I can help get these people to safety." Thor explained and Athena nodded in approval.

"Well, if you're staying, then so am I." Jane claimed and Athena rolled her eyes.

"We'll need some time." Athena said loudly, catching their attention. Thor agreed and soon everyone was telling all the civilians to leave. Athena changed her bracelet from jewellery to weapon as Thor helped children into the back of a truck. The Asgardian - Lady Sif - looked at the weapon in interest. Athena smiled. "It's Electrum."

The sound of the Destroyer's footsteps caught her attention and she readied her staff, walking alongside the warriors. Athena turned to Lady Sif, whispering into her ear before looking at the males. "Let's keep it distracted, boys."

Sif disappeared and Athena twirled her staff, ready for action. The destroyer was an ugly thing really but dangerous. It was destroying everything in its way and the warriors and herself would be the next things in its way. Athena watched in vague interest as the warriors threw one of their own at the destroyer, his axe wedging into it. The warrior was quickly thrown off the destroyer and crushed into a car.

Athena pointed at Sif, who then jumped from the roof and onto the destroyer, slamming her sword through it. Athena watched carefully as the destroyer seemingly died, ready for when it came back alive, which it did. The thing turned itself around and shot an immense amount of fire at Sif, who managed to dodge. Athena grabbed the Asgardian's hand and dragged her along with her.

The destroyer continued to shoot at them, Athena pushed Sif out of the way and felt herself flying into the air and then land on her back. She cursed loudly and then felt hands helping her up. Another blast and this time Athena was prepared, she dragged her staff into the ground and remained on her feet. Athena snarled and ran at the destroyer. As she ran, her staff turned into a whip and she swung it. She wrapped it around it's neck and yanked.

Thor looked at the sound of creaking metal and saw the whip around the destroyer's neck, it slowly decapitating it. Athena grunted and then let out a noise of surprise as she narrowly missed being hit by fire. The destroyer pulled at the whip and Athena realised she had to let go. So she did and jumped behind a car, for brief protection.

Thor grabbed her shoulders, surprising her. "You have done all you can, Lady Athena."

Athena grabbed his face and looked into his eyes with ferociousness. "Thor, this is your moment. This is how you prove your worthiness and your true strength. You don't need Mjolnir to be a warrior."

"Don't worry about me. I have a plan." Thor nodded, her words motivating him into action. "Athena, thank you. I only met you but you've helped me in many ways that no one else has."

"Don't thank me. Thank yourself. This is all you." Athena reaffirmed. "You can do this."

Athena watched as Thor blanked his face, removing all emotion and she nodded at him. He walked away from Athena's side and towards the destroyer.

"Brother, whatever I have done to wrong you, whatever I have done to lead you to do this, I am truly sorry. But these people are innocent. Taking their lives will gain you nothing. So take mine... and end this." Thor bravely said to his brother. The destroyer's face closed up and turned away, making Thor smile. Then, unexpectedly, the destroyer backhands Thor and he flies threw the air and lands on his back. Athena watched as Jane ran towards Thor in a panic as he lay on the ground in shock.

Athena supposed she looked rather emotionless as everyone stood in shock as Thor supposedly died, but she hoped she knew what was about to happen. Which did happen as loud sound erupted through the air and an object came flying through the air. Athena looked from Mjolnir and Jane with pursed lips before sighing. "Jane, honey. You better move."

Dr Selvig realised what was happening and ran to Jane, pulling her out of the way. Athena could have done that too late. Thor caught the hammer and flash of lighting surrounded him. As the light disappeared Thor was dressed in typical Asgardian clothes. Athena quickly realised that things were about to get messy and turned to the rest of the group. "Okay, kids. Time to go inside."

Athena ushered everyone inside as the fight commenced. She leaned against her staff as the fight finished, watching as Thor approached the group again. Athena straightened up as she saw cars approaching and sighed, she had forgotten she was here originally with SHIELD.

"Excuse me! Donald, I don't think you've been completely honest with me." Coulson said as he approached the God of Thunder.

"Know this, son of Coul. You and I, we fight for the same cause, the protection of this world. From this day forward you can count me as your ally, if, you return the items you have taken from Jane."

"Stolen!"

"Borrowed. Of course you can have your equipment back. You're gonna need it to continue your research." Athena smiled, ignoring the annoyed looks coming from Coulson.

"Would you like to see the bridge we spoke of?" Thor asked Jane, ignoring Coulson.

"Uh... sure."

"Wait! I need to debrief you!" Coulson tried to interrupt but they were already gone. Coulson sighed and looked at Athena. "What do we do now?"

"Well, I'm going home." Athena stated. "I identified Mjolnir, I no other business here."

Coulson took off his glasses and smiled, knowing that she was right. "Of course. You'll be hearing from us soon."

"Not too soon I hope." Athena called over her shoulder with a grin making her way to her car - Tony's car. The grin on her face faded, however, as she looked at the damaged car. "Oh no. He's going to kill me."

She sighed and called Tony, slightly scared for her life. "Hello, my beautiful and wonderful boyfriend."

There was a pause on the other end of the phone. "What do you want?"

"I need a lift home." Athena spoke quickly, awaiting Tony's inevitable question.

"What did you do to my car?" He screamed into her ear.

"It wasn't my fault!"