10

"She's sick?" Regina asked, her anger disappearing and soon turning to annoyance that the sheriff hadn't even informed her boss, but there was also a small part in her that couldn't help but want to make sure the sheriff was okay.

"Yes, she said she told you that she wasn't going to work.. I guess she didn't. She's really not doing great, she's been throwing up for the past two days and she's barely been eating," Mary Margaret said quietly, she was worried about Emma because she knew that she was very upset, depressed and sick. Not a good combo.

"And where is she now?" Regina asked coldly.

"The apartment," Mary Margaret replied just as quiet.

Regina gave her a curt nod before turning on her heels and walking out of the room in a professional manner, her shoulders high and back straight. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before walking out the front door of the empty school. She got into her car and drove towards granny's, she parked her car outside and walked into the diner. Once she entered the diner she sucked in a breath of air.

Shit.

Ruby was there and she just remembered that the last time she was there she was a complete train wreck. Ruby hadn't only gotten bitched at, she had witnessed the explosion that between Emma and Regina. Regina held herself up high and stood tall keeping her politician stance, she walked over to Ruby who had her head down behind the counter, she was intensely focused on her cross word, or so Regina thought.

"How can I help..." Ruby stopped mid sentence and the smile was wiped off her face when she looked up and saw who it was, "oh mayor mills..." she said slowly, "what can I get you?" she asked with an annoyed sigh and a roll of her eyes.

"Chicken soup," Regina replied choosing to ignore the eye roll, "to go."

"I'll get right on it," Ruby said and walked into the back to make sure the soup was cooking, she came back out a few minutes later and stood in front of Regina, "what did you to Emma?" Ruby asked harshly.

"Excuse me?" Regina asked taken aback at the bold move.

"Emma.. she's been MIA for three days," Ruby said in a duh voice.

"She has the flu," Regina replied dryly.

"Oh shit...hope she gets better soon," Ruby sighed, "so.. did you two work your shit out?"

"There was nothing to sort up," Regina snarled.

"Ooookay," Ruby exclaimed putting her hands up in defence, she walked into the back to get the soup for Regina. She came a moment later and handed her a take out bag with the soup in it, "enjoy your soup," Ruby smiled, taking the money from the mayor who rolled her eyes and left the diner

Regina walked back to her car placing the soup carefully in the seat next to her, she drove to Emma's apartment and sat in her car for a few minutes. She had parked the car across the street and couldn't find it in herself to get out of her car and walk over to Emma's place. She sucked in a deep breath of air before she got out of the car and she finally knocked on the door.

"What the hell do you want now I still don't want your damn flowers!" Emma swore loudly from beyond the door, she yanked the door open and saw Regina her face fell from annoyed to surprised, "Regina..." Emma whispered.

Regina looked at the blonde who had opened the door in nothing but pink panties and a tight black tank top, her hair was a mess. Regina couldn't help herself, she looked down at Emma's shaped legs, she was leaning slightly on the door frame and had a hand on her hip. Regina was at a loss for words and couldn't get anything out her mouth, instead she put the plastic bag in front of her and Emma looked down at it with raised eyebrows.