1. Always and Forever

I'm waiting in the Lafayette Cemetery. I'm surrounded by witches who want me to convince Nik to help them with their vampire problem. How do they think I will help them? Well, not only because I'm his wife but also because they claimed I'm pregnant. The only thing I'm convincing Nik to do is to help me kill all of them.

"Bring her out!" I heard Sophie yell and three witches lead me out and I see Elijah standing next to Sophie.

I immediately ran over to him and embrace him into a hug. "I never thought I would be this happy to see you, Elijah." I said hugging him and he seems surprised so I pulled away. "I mean not that I'm not happy to see you, I'm always happy to see you but this time I'm even more happier."

"Give is a moment." Elijah says to Sophie and she and all the witches leave. Probably not far from here.

Elijah and I are inside a crypt, lit by numerous candles on the walls around them. "So, have they been holding you here against your will?" He asks.

"They lured me and Hayley out to the bayou and grabbed us. And they did all these... weird witchy tests. They claimed that I'm pregnant I kept telling them they are crazy because I'm human..."

"Niklaus did tell me you came back from the dead as a human." Elijah says cutting me off. "How has it been?"

"Horrible as you can see." I said and he chuckles. "As I was saying I'm human and 167-years old and Nik is over a thousand. It can't be possible. Vampires are dead."

"You already know Niklaus' story which might explain how this is possible. You know when our father hunted him – hunted us – for centuries, every time we found a moment of happiness, we were forced to flee. Even here, in New Orleans, where we were happiest of all. As you remember." Elijah says and I smiled softly because here I was genuinely happy.

"Not long after Niklaus broke the spell which prevented him from becoming a hybrid, he defeated our father. I thought this would make him happy. He was angrier than ever. When he's with you, Ava Rose, he's a different person. The brother I knew when we were humans a thousand years ago. This baby— yours and Niklaus' child— it will bring happiness to us. To you and to my brother."

Before I can give him my thoughts to tell him I don't believe a word these witches are saying, Sophie enters the crypt. "I'm glad you feel that way, because we need your help."

"What, precisely, is it that you want and what does it have to do with my brother's wife?" Elijah asks.

"We want to run Marcel and his vampires out of town. Klaus is the key. Everything Marcel knows about being a vampire, he learned from Klaus. Marcel trusts him, looks up to him, and he won't see the betrayal coming." Sophie explains.

"Yes, well, as I'm sure you're aware, my brother Niklaus doesn't like to be told what to do."

"That's why I brought you here." Sophie tells Elijah. "Marcel drove the werewolves out of town decades ago. Do you really think he's going to welcome a hybrid baby to the neighborhood? Convince Klaus to help us, and no one has to know about the newest member of the Original family."

"That sounds remarkably like blackmail." Elijah says narrowing his eyes at the witch.

"Like I said, I'm desperate."

"Well, then, I have my work cut out for me, don't I?" Elijah says and turns to look at me. "Stay here. I'll be back for you." He says as he puts one hand on the side of my head and kissed the other side of my head before leaving.

***

Nik and Elijah are here with me and the witches. Sophie told him I'm pregnant.