19. An Unblinking Death

I woke up in the middle of the night again. I'm uncomfortable yet again. I looked at Nik and he's sleeping. "Nik..." I shook him and he's still sleeping. "Nik?"

"Hmm." He answers.

"I can't sleep. I'm uncomfortable."

"Try sleeping on your left. I've read that sleeping on your left side while your pregnant is the best and comfortable side to sleep on." Nik says and I couldn't help but smile a bit.

He read something about pregnancy? If I bring it up, he'll deny it.

"My left, right, and back sides are uncomfortable." I told him and he finally opens his eyes to look at me.

"Come here, love." Nik says as he pulls me closer to him. "Is this better?" He asks as he has his arms around me.

"Considering you're part vampire you're very warm." I said as I run my hands over his chest and he chuckles. "And yes this is better. I'm sorta hungry."

"What do you want to eat? I'll get you anything." Nik says and I looked at him with a smile.

"Anything?" I asked and he nods. "Well... I want pancakes. A stack of pancakes. And a tall glass of orange juice. Mhmm, bacon. I want bacon too."

"Coming right up." Nik says as he gives me a quick kiss.

***

(Narrator's POV)
Klaus comes back into the room forty-five minutes later with a bed try table with the foods Ava asked for. He kicks the door with his foot to close it and notices Ava covered in a blanket.

"Love?" Klaus asks as he walks over to her and notices that she's sleeping. He smiles softly and puts the tray on top of the furniture. He laid down next to her and smiles at her sleeping peacefully. "I love you, Ava."

***

(Ava's POV)
A couple of hours later, I woke up with a morning stretch. "Morning, love." I heard Nik say and I smiled.

"Morning." I said as he puts his hand over my cheek and kisses my forehead then he kisses me on the lips.

"I brought your food last night but you were asleep."

"I'm sorry. I tried to stay awake." I said and he smiles softly.

"It's okay." Nik says as he gets up and walks over my side of the bed. He holds out his hand for me to take and I do.

"I really feel like a grandma needing all this help just to stand up." I said and he chuckles. "I'm going to the bayou. It's bayou birthing class today."

"What?"

"Don't worry. I'm not actually going to have the baby in the bayou. I'll make up some excuse." I said and he smiles.

"Do you want me to take you?"

"Ileana is supposed to pick me up in an hour."

"Ava..."

"Don't." I said, cutting him off. "Don't try and talk me out of telling her I killed Dominic."