7. Bloodletting

(Ava's POV)
I woke up in the back of a moving car and my hands are tied together. I kick out the back window to escape, but the driver swerved and stops the car. He gets out of the car and then removes the shattered window. When he opens it, he tries to grab me and I fought back by kicking at him but he grabs my foot.

"Seriously?" I heard the man asks and I recognize the voice.

Tyler Lockwood.

"You. What the hell?" I asked confusingly.

"You don't wanna fight me, Ava. You know you can't beat a hybrid."

"Uh, don't you think I know that?" I mocked and he rolls his eyes. He grabs the zip-ties to bind my ankles so I can't run away. "Let me go, you stupid fu—"

"Shut up!"

"Shut up? Who the hell you think you are? I swear is Klaus doesn't kill you when he finds me, I will."

Tyler pulls me out of the trunk and throws me over his shoulder and walks down the road as I continued to yell at him.

***

By the time Tyler took me off his shoulder, the sun had risen. He sat me down near a cabin that's by a lake.

When I was human... the first time around... after me and my brothers got lost in the woods I made sure to learn my way around the woods without getting lost. I know the bayou a bit. I do know I'm near the place Nik took me for my birthday over a century ago. Good thing Tyler doesn't know that.

"What is this place?" I asked playing dumb.

"The armpit of Louisiana." Tyler answers as he pulls a knife out of his pocket.

"What? You're going to kill me? I never thought you'd stoop so low to kill a pregnant woman."

"I'm not going to kill. Ava." He says as he cuts the zip-ties on my ankles, "That depends on you."

"Well, that's comforting." I said sarcastically. "What do you want with me?"

"I know that you're pregnant." He says and I looked at him confusingly. "A hybrid baby, yeah, I know all about it. I've been roaming around the Bayou, asking questions. Let me tell you what I learned." He looks to see the birthmark on my shoulder. "This crescent birthmark means you come from a big-shot family. Some kind of royalty for the werewolves of this region. And right here" He gestures around him where there are more shacks and tents made out of blankets, "This is all that's left of them."

"I know this, Tyler. I was living here back then. Not here in the bayou. I would never live in the swamp. I know everything you know even more." I said and I spot a blonde girl standing nearby, watching us. "Hey!" I shouted at the woman and she immediately runs away. "Help me!"

"They can't help you! They're in the woods, hiding because they were persecuted for decades by vampires."

Someone comes over to us and I can tell he's a werewolf. "Is that her?" The werewolf asks pointing at me.

"Yeah, Dwayne. Get her inside." Tyler says and Dwayne grabs me the arms taking me inside the cabin.

"You stupid idiot! I'm going to kill you!" I yelled as Dwayne grabbed me, taking me back to the cabin. "Tyler! Tyler!"

***

I'm alone in the cabin, zip-tied to a fire stove. I blew air on my hand so that the mosquito would fly away. I hate the bayou so much. I shake my head as it flies around my face and just then Tyler walks in. I realized that the werewolf who's been watching me must've been him since he's the only one who can turn at will besides Nik.