chapter 13

Y/n ran her hand through her hair in frustration to say the least, as she watched Adam talking animatedly with the technician who he had managed to contact with such short notice. She had told the man she did not mind the cost of maintenance, as long as he was able to settle the jet in a reasonable time.

She glanced at Camila who didn't em troubled by the situation, in fact, she was looking around curious and was listening to two people at short distance speaking Italian with a fascinated expression on her face. Adam approached her a few seconds later, shaking his head in disapproval and y/n raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms over her chest.

“He said it will not be ready until tomorrow.” Adam said full of disapproval. “I'm sorry, Miss Y/L/N, I can always try to-”

Y/n shook her head. “Do not worry, Adam, thank you anyway.” she put a hand on his shoulder. “Camila was going to stop here for a few hours to meet some people.” she explained. “It means that we will extend our stay and leave tomorrow.”

Adam nodded slightly, and before he could say anything, the other man came up to give him a little more information; y/n took advantage of the moment to reach Camila.

“The jet will not be ready until tomorrow.” y/n said, drawing her attention. “I suspect that we would be stuck here for the rest of the day, we'll get back on the road tomorrow morning. I am very sorry for this inconvenience, Camila.”

“Don't be silly, y/n, these things happen.” she said waving a hand. “It will allow us to enjoy the Italian beauties a little longer.”

Y/n smiled. “Another place you've always wanted to visit?” she asked amused.

“Are you kidding me? Who has never wanted to visit Italy? It is one of the wonders of the world!”

“And I'm sure that the three sweet damsels that we met in Amsterdam, who entertained you most of the night, making you return to the hotel practically naked wearing only my jacket, have nothing to do with your Italian euphoria.” she said, raising an eyebrow and chuckled when she saw Camila's expression.

“What are you implying, Y/L/N?”

“Absolutely nothing.” y/n said even more amused. “What was written in the mail? Where do they live? If it's not too far away we could rent a car.”

“Lake Lecco.” Camila said quickly pulling out the phone from her jeans pocket. “And according to the GPS, it is an hour and ten driv-”

“I must tell you, Camila: I'm impressed.” y/n agreed. “What made you think that I would have consented to join them?”

Camila smirked and stared at her intently. “I would have made sure that you could not say no.”

Y/n blinked a few times incredulous in front of those words and before she could reply, Adam joined her again to update the developments, leaving Camila pleased to be able to silence her again.

Twenty minutes later they were sitting in a convertible, y/n driving and Camila intent on seeking some songs for the trip. She had managed to call the girls from one of the airport phones and they arranged a specific meeting point and it did not take long for y/n to rent a car with the GPS navigator. Camila had jumped from one radio station to another, stopping occasionally to listen to the conductors speaking in Italian, a small smile on her lips and y/n regretted learning only French in school.

“This song is fantastic!” Camila said raising the volume. “I never miss a beat! I'm lightning on my feet and that's what they do not see, mmm-mmm.” she turned to her curling her lips. “That's what they do not see, mmm-mmm!”