The Storm

Myra

"Are you scared?"

Round eyes watched her from the threshold, belonging to her young brother. Bran fidgeted, eying the window nervously as lightning flashed outside. One of Winterfell's rare storms, which always seemed to strike in the dead of night.

"No," was his meek reply.

The crash of thunder outside quickly changed his mind, sending the young Stark flying toward his sister's bed. She lifted the sheets as he ran, covering him as he all but dove under them and huddled by her side. Fortunately, Myra had been awake already. Storms no longer scared her as they once had, but she was still unable to sleep through them.

Resting against her headboard, Myra put an arm around her brother. "Care to tell me why you've come to my room?"

Not that she minded, of course, but when she was his age, she preferred the company of her parents. Then again, she hadn't had any older siblings.

"Theon says Father'll be disappointed if I go to him. He says I shouldn't be scared."

Myra sighed. The Greyjoy was going to get a piece of her mind come morning.

"Father wouldn't be disappointed," Myra replied with a warm smile. "There's nothing wrong with being scared. A man cannot be brave unless he is scared. He'd tell you just as much."

Bran made a face. "I don't want another speech."

"You're a Stark, Bran. That's all you're ever going to get."

He stuck his tongue out. She did the same. Brother and sister smiled at one another a moment until another round of thunder sent Bran burying his face into her side.

"It's alright," Myra cooed, holding him close. "The storm can't hurt you here."

"Old Nan says thunder is the sound of giants crushing the mountains together," his muffled voice replied.

"Well, she told me it was dragons blinded by the rain crashing into one another. No one has seen a giant or a dragon in years. I think we'll be okay."

Another lightning strike revealed a taller figure standing in her doorway this time.

Myra smirked. "Well, look at that, Bran, even your big brother is scared of the storm."

Robb entered the room slowly, hobbled by Rickon as he clung to his leg. "Petrified."

"Aw, Rickon, did Robb wake you? Honestly, Brother, you could have come in by yourself. I don't judge."

Her twin snorted as he neared the bed, all but prying his baby brother off so he could put him on the mattress before climbing on himself. They made quite the sight, the two oldest protecting the youngest.

Rickon huddled up to Bran, who did not seem bothered in the least. If anything, her brother seemed happier with the company.

Robb flopped down on one of her pillows, making himself comfortable. "Think we'll see the girls?"

Myra shook her head. "I doubt it. Arya can sleep through anything, and Sansa-"

On cue, thunder boomed, and the redhead dashed into the room.

"-is here."

Robb chuckled. "We're running out of room."

Shifting over, Myra let Sansa rest on her left side, making sure that Robb was the one nearly falling off the bed. He gave her a look, but complied, lying on his side so he could fit.