The Chief Encounter

I took her straight into the chief's office, I sat her down on the chair as I sat beside her taking off my mask. The chief got Milton and Jerry to leave and now it was just the three of us there.
"Hello Kimberly." The chief said enthusiastically.
Kim just looked away from him, "Not much of a talker at we?"
"I don't talk to people who kidnap me thanks." Kim snapped with venom lacing her voice. The chief jumped at her outbreak but calmed himself back down.
"Feisty now are we?" The chief joked.
"What the hell do you want?" Kim demandingly snapped.
"Just for your father to stop." The chief said.
"We all know he won't do that." Kim snapped back not even looking at the chief or at me.
"He will if your life is on the line." The chief said which seemed to drag her attention away from whatever she was looking at.
"Just kill me now and get over it." Kim snapped.
"We won't actually be killing you, just make him make the deal and send him off to jail." The chief answered.
"Well then what am I going to do?" Kim asked.
"You'll live here with your mother." The chief answered.
"My mother's here?!" Kim asked in shock.
The chief nodded as he pressed a button and the door unlocked revealing a middle aged woman with blonde hair she ran over to Kim to hug her but Kim slapped away her hand and backed up against the wall.
"Kimberly it's me your mom!" The woman said.
"Get away from me and no one calls me Kimberly!" Kim hissed.
"Kimberly!" Her mother said in shock and disappointment.
"I think we sprung this upon her too fast." The chief said as he got the woman to leave as I went up to grab Kim.
"I don't need anyone's help." She said with anger in her voice.
"I know." I replied in a whisper.
"Take her to her room. " The chief instructed as I nodded and guided Kim to a room that I had been shown.
I opened the door as she walked in, scanning the area.
"The windows locked by the way." I said to her as I stepped in as well shutting the door behind me.
"I guessed as much." She said still surveying the area.
She sighed as she sat down on the bed bringing her knees up to her chest.
"You want to talk about what happened in there with your mom?" I asked her.
"Why the hell would I talk about my issues to someone who kidnapped me?!" She said sarcastically.
"I was just asking.." I said in defeat, "I'll see you tomorrow." I walked out the room and shut the door I heard a voice from inside.
"I'm sorry I failed you father."