Chapter 14

Edited
Katherine's pov in Emma's body
Stefan and I are in his library studying.

"Holy Roman Empire." He asks.

"Not really an empire, but 1648." I respond.

"There goes your perfect score." He sits up.

"What?" I jump off the table I'm sitting on.

"No that was right?" I walk over to him.

"No the book says 1806." He says.

"Okay well 1806 may technically be right but the peace of Westphalia that truly ended the empire and that was in 1648." I bend over on him.

I then realize what I said.

"I may have done a paper on the Holy Roman Empire in high school." I shrug.

"Well if you wanna pass the test I suggest you write down exactly what's in your textbook." He says and I nod in agreement.

Right when I'm about to sit next to him there's a knock at the door.

"Caroline and Elena are here. I asked the sheriff to help me track down Damon." He gets up. Dammit.
——
"I have to find him." I hear Stefan say as I walk into the main room.

"Well I can come with you." I offer.

Elena and Caroline look up at me.

"Emma Hey!" Elena says.

"We didn't know that you were here." Elena says.

"Stefan was helping me study." I admit.

"Oh Stefan who doesn't go to college." Caroline snaps.

"Stefan who's an expert in history." I snap back.

Her phone starts to ring as mine does.

"They invited me to go but I'm really tired and off. Plus I got to study for that test." Jax says through the phone.

"It's Tyler." Caroline says.

"It's ok. Sleep tight." I say or whatever.

We say bye.

"Have you talked to Matt?" I hear Tyler ask through the phone.

"Because it turns out Nadia has been compelling him to forget things. Matt said he was going to avoid her but now I haven't heard from him." Tyler says.

Nadia oh Nadia. Always doubting me when she's the one going to get me caught.

Caroline asks if he thinks he's in trouble and Tyler says he hasn't been home or at work and he isn't answering his phone.

Tyler then says he's gonna look for him and Caroline says she's going over to him.

"Maybe we should go with you." I suggest.

"No no you and Elena should deal with Damon. Well handle this and we should move past the awkwardness of our post breakup." Caroline says.

"Right I'm gonna stay out of that one." I say trying to think.

"I'm gonna get some clothes and you can pick Elena and I up at our dorm?" I ask Stefan. Then I walk out with Elena.
——
I'm alone in my dorm room so I call Nadia. Jax went to go eat.

"What is going on with Matt?" I ask.

"Nothing." She lies.

"Really cause Goldilocks and big bad wolf are meeting to powwow about him as we speak." I cross my arms and stop taking out clothes.