Oak And Sakura - Chapter 1 - Part 2

"Yvon!" I heard Eiji call out, as he ran towards me. Yvon? Why is he shouting that name out? "Your name shall be Yvon. Do you like it?" He then continued on, asking my opinion of the name. I was a little startled at first, so I stared at him blankly, for a moment. "Yvon means archer, and from what I just saw, you are an amazing archer!" Eiji said to me, and I felt my body heat rise at his words.

"It's a wonderful name. T-thank you," I attempted to reply but stuttered.

The blond male in front of me obviously had much more to say, and so he spoke his mind, "Since you're an archer now, why don't we go out to explore?" He decided to call me an archer, without any proper evidence to say that it's official, and then he offered to venture around the land with just the two of us?! How oblivious can a person get!

"I'm sorry, Eiji, but I don't think I'm an official archer, nor do I think we should venture out by ourselves with nothing but a simple bow. Look at us! You're wearing a kimono which you could easily trip over, and I'm just wearing any old shirt, and trousers. If we were to encounter a demon of some sort, we'd just be going into battle butt-naked," I told the grey-eyed male, who seemed slightly upset at my words.

"You... you didn't even give me the chance to tell you that my father would let us borrow armour, weapons and food if we were to go explore," he said, sniffling, and pretending to cry.

"Even though you are older, you act more like a child than me, Eiji," I said, rather annoyed at him.

"Never mind that. Do you want to explore, or not, Yvon?" He asked once again, stopping his act.

"If you're up to it, then sure."

"Great! Follow me. My father will give us all we need." And so, I obeyed his words and followed him to his father.

~0~

"Who knew someone from the Ayers bloodline would be born half vampire?"

"You bring disgrace to the family, you demon."

"Such a monster should be killed at once!"

If you think so, why not kill me yourself, right here, right now? I glared at the people who spoke to me, whose words were drenched with venom.

It was not my choice to be born half vampire, yet they treat me as if it was up to me to decide that. I wish people didn't look for someone to blame as soon as something goes wrong. perhaps then this world wouldn't be as corrupted as it is now.

The adults around me closed in, all looking down on me with eyes full of hatred. Their eyes frightened me, as they slowly became pitch-black figures. My vision became darker and darker, until I finally closed my eyes, and hugged myself. I was laying on the bitter cold floor of the streets of Exeorden - my homeland - holding my knees against my chest, as tears slowly escaped my brown, human eye. I could not cry through my other eye, for the demonic creature many know as a vampire, does not cry, meaning that the crimson eye shall never shed tears.

Mere moments passed after I had finished shedding tears, and I could see strands of my once-black hair, quickly changing into a pale brow, yet not pure white.

"Well hello there, kid-"

~0~

"Yvon!"

I suddenly felt someone hit me on the head, and I found myself standing right in front of an old man, who was staring right at me. "I'd have thought your friend has better manners, Eiji," the man said. His voice was deep, and his violet eyes shifted from me to the blond male beside me. The man's hair was grey, almost white, yet he still did not look as old as I'd have thought a grey-haired person to be.