CHAPTER 2

Sasha didn't head straight to the Rapid Storm Warrior Territory. First, she went to collect some supplies in the Silver Fist Warrior Territory. They were once allies of the Ancient Earth Clan and she had created many connections there during her previous travels. Her main goal there was to get supplies to create an appearance pill. This pill would allow her to change her features depending on which exact ingredients and proportions she used. Right now she needed the pill to change her features into that of a young boy with honey-toned skin and silvery-white hair, the distinct feature of the Rapid Storm Warriors. She was in a rush though, so she quickly the necessary ingredients and proceeded to leave the clan unnoticed.

Sasha then went to concoct the ancient pill in a secluded part of the Plain Rey Wilds, a large region in the center of the 8 tribes consisting of plains, forests, lakes, mountains, and deserts. The Plain Rey Wilds are where cultivators go to fight beasts and collect resources. It is also a place where students go to train.

Sasha had been here before to train her martial arts and it was also here where she found the ancient inheritance. As she concocted the pill she planned out how she would take her revenge. She wasn't the type to take long nor was she the type to come up with elaborate plans unless she had to. She simply wanted to finish things quick and clean. She decided to act as an orphan on the street and start the killings with those lower on the totem pole. She wasn't going to leave any loose ends that would haunt her later. She was going to completely annihilate the clan in one month. As she slowly worked up hierarchy she would be attracting more attention so she would then go into spirit space during the times she in-between her revenge in order to keep cultivating.

The last one to die would be the chief after watching his family die before his eyes. She would have him die not knowing the reason why. She didn't want to give him the satisfaction.

It took Sasha two weeks to get to the Rapid Storm Warrior territory, and as soon as she got there her plans were put into action. She went on a killing spree staining the clan with blood every night sending everyone in the clan on alert and planting fear in their hearts.

It took a month just like she expected, and she felt free after the last killing that she believed would ever be committed by her hands. After all, in the end, she was just a 24-year-old young woman. She didn't enjoy killing and she certainly didn't enjoy being controlled by her lust for revenge. Now that everything was all over she wanted to live a peaceful life and enjoy being young while she still could.

Too bad the gods had other plans for her. Sasha had a feeling in her gut that told her to stay in the chief's manor and look around for a bit. She didn't know why but she knew to trusts her instincts after years of surviving thanks to them.

It took Sasha only a moment to find what she was looking for. A box, locked by a number of complex arrays, sat in a hidden compartment in the wall of the chief's personal quarters. Unlocking the box was a simple task for Sasha. Although she was nothing compared to the array masters of the past she sure was better than the majority of array masters in the present.

Opening the box Sasha found letters to and from a sect called the Misty Demons. Hearing the familiar name Sasha recalled the Matriarch dragon telling her to be careful of them since as of now they weren't people she could afford to offend. Pushing such thoughts to the back of her mind Sasha proceeded to open the letters and as she read them her eyes narrowed in unadulterated loathing. In the letters were the details of a plan between the Rapid Storm Warriors and the Misty Demon sect. They discussed taking control of the whole continent and becoming rulers like in the Golden Era. The first step was to get all the clans to submit under them and to decimate any who resisted. This was exactly what happened to Sasha's clan.

A part of Sasha wanted to pretend to have never seen the letters and just walk away but she knew she couldn't do that. This was bigger than just her revenge now. She had to stop the Misty Demon sect from taking over Mualei. Sasha's motive wasn't selfless though. She couldn't care less about "world peace" or people living "good lives." Humans were selfish hypocrites and she wanted no part of their fake smiles or hidden glares. She had learned through her life that humans are fickle and only care for others when it's convenient.

The truth was that she just didn't want the beings in the Diamond Mountains to have to reveal themselves. They were tasked by the gods to keep an eye on the humans and stop them from disrupting the karmic cycle. By going on a mass killing spree the humans would do just that. The being in the Diamond Mountains were the only living things Sasha felt some semblance of closeness to and she didn't want them to put their lives a risk by letting the humans know of their existence.

Having a new goal in mind Sasha set out to train for 2 years on her own.