Chapter Two | Salem University

Violet's POV:

I was eating breakfast at the kitchen table feeling nervous and excited. 'Today's my first day of college.' I thought inside if my head. I couldn't wait to start my classes and meet my professors, but I was still nervous about making new friends. "Here's the keys to the jeep in the garage." Joe said as he slid a set of keys towards my across the table. I wasn't expecting him to give me a car I could use to get to college, but I was really grateful for it. "Oh, thanks." I replied with a smile. "Don't mention it." He said happily. After I ate my breakfast I brushed my teeth and grabbed my backpack. "Have fun on your first day of college." Joe said as I climbed into the jeep Cherokee my uncle let me borrow. "I'll try to, thanks." I said with a small smile as I buckled up and shut the car door. We said out goodbyes and I pulled out of the garage. Once I started driving down the street I turned on the radio. Since I was nervous I figured listening to music would calm me down a little, because it usually does. I really enjoyed staying with my uncle but I knew things would be different now that college has started.

I'd be spending most of my time doing homework and studying. I hoped that Joe and I would have some time to relax on the weekends. Break Down by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers was playing through the speakers of the jeep, which put me in a relaxed sort of mood. The weather was so beautiful that I would have enjoyed just going for a drive. I knew I couldn't though, because I didn't wanna miss my first day at college. Not being there on the first day would be a bad impression to leave on my professors. Once I arrived at the college I was amazed, yet again, by the beauty of the campus. That's one of the reasons why I applied to Salem University. The school looked like Hogwarts; every little bit of architecture looked hand designed. When you add in all the gardens and flowers surrounding the campus, it made everything a little more enchanting. It literally looked like it came out of a book, and that's what made me fall in love with the place. I pressed my thoughts to the back of my mind as I shut off the radio and turned off the car.

After un-buckling I grabbed my backpack off of the passenger seat. Then I locked the car doors before walking towards the front doors of the college. When I entered the building I remembered how lovely it looked the first time I came here. A few people were walking through the halls looking for their friends and classes. I didn't have any friends here yet, so I was reduced to looking for my classes. I took a folded piece of paper out of my pocket and looked at my schedule.

Monday & Wednesday

Room 300 - Algebra 101 ~ 8:00 - 9:00 | Professor Henley

Room 515 - Stage Craft 101 ~ 10:00 - 11:00 | Professor Lewis

Room 221 - American History 101 ~ 1:30 - 2:30 | Professor Till

Room 800 - Creative Writing 101 ~ 3:00 - 4:00 | Professor Jenkins

Tuesday & Thursday

Room 103 - Art 101 ~ 8:00 - 9:00 | Professor Lane

Room 612 - Biology 101 ~ 10:00 - 11:00 | Professor Bowers

Room 200 - Poetry 101 ~ 1:30 - 2:30 | Professor Green

I looked over the sheet of paper and headed off in search for my first class. After walking around I eventually found my destination. I got a little nervous when I walked into the room to find people already there. 'Just relax, Violet.' I said inside of my head as I walked further into the room. As I looked around I picked a seat in the third row. The desk was near one of the walls so I wasn't surrounded by other people. I always hate being surrounded by people, because it makes me feel trapped. More students filled the room and my anxiety levels went through the roof. 'I wish I wasn't like this. Even in middle and high school I've been nervous on the first day of new classes.' I thought inside of my head. I knew I'd be nervous until after a few weeks of being around all of these new people. "Good morning everyone." A woman with candy apple hair walked into the room. She was wearing a beautiful blue and cream colored dress and matching cereal colored high heels.