Straight? Whatever Gave You That Idea?

Somehow it became a thing.

If Jace wasn't hanging out with Alec, he'd be with Simon. It turned out that street fighting was a hobby for Jace. He was actually a fitness instructor, which explained a lot.

Simon found out that, somehow, he and Jace had become friends in the following weeks. He learned that Jace played the piano and had a grandmother who lived in London. He had travelled around for a while before he moved back to New York.

"I wonder why I never met you before that night." Jace said over dinner at Simon and Izzy's place. Izzy and Clary were out, so it was just two of them.

"I don't go everywhere with my friends." Simon said, sitting next to Jace, although there was a bit of distance between them on the couch. "In case you haven't noticed, those guys are crazy. Besides, I hate being the fifth wheel."

"Hm." Jace looked at the space between them and then back at Simon. "Still..."

Simon felt his phone vibrate with a message. He picked it up and smiled. It was Lee. He and Lee had been texting back and forth for a couple of weeks. The guy was funny, although a little pushy. So far, Simon had turned down his advances.

It wasn't that he didn't want to date anyone yet, but he still felt a little raw since his last relationship and he just wanted a break from the whole thing.

And there was Jace...

It wouldn't be fair on anyone he decided to date if he still had a...thing for the blond. It was just unfortunate that Jace was straight. He was so Simon's type, he reminded Simon of the jocks in high school. The ones who were so out of his league, who mocked him in public but begged him to fuck them in private.

Good times...

"What are you smiling at?"

Simon looked up at Jace. "Oh, sorry. It's Lee." He saw the grimace on Jace's face. "He's on a date and he's giving me a play by play."

"That's mature." Jace murmured.

"Is everything OK?" Simon asked, after typing a quick reply. "You don't like Lee?"

"I don't care either way." Jace said. "I just don't know what you see in the guy."

"He's a friend, Jace." Simon rolled his eyes. "You could try and be nicer."

"I could..." Jace said, stretching his socked feet across the couch, his toes touching Simon, who flinched a little and moved.

"I knew it." Simon jumped as Jace exclaimed.

"What?" Simon looked up in confusion. Jace scowled and shifted closer, draping his feet on Simon's legs. Simon moved backwards again till he was sitting on the edge of the couch.

"So you'd rather brain yourself falling off the couch than let me touch you?" Jace's voice held a hint of anger. "What the hell, Lewis?"

Simon sighed. How was he supposed to tell Jace that touching him caused...well, stuff? Stuff he wasn't ready to get into right now. "What are you talking about, Jace?"

He jumped when Jace was suddenly in front of him. He was kneeling in front of Simon, his hands on Simon's knees. Simon held his breath and struggled to stay still.

Jace was searching his face for something; then he smirked. He leaned closer and pressed his lips against Simon's jaw. Simon wasn't sure if he made a sound or not. His heart was beating painfully in his chest.

His breath came out shakily, ending with a moan when he felt Jace's teeth nip his skin. His hands clenched into fists as he felt a familiar heat pool in his belly. What the hell was happening? "Uh, J-Jace?"