The Downfall (Part 1)

This (three chapters long) One-shot takes place about 15 years after the show...

The ships flew past Jupiter as the armada slowly headed towards Earth.  Inside the lead ship, many short aliens of all different shades of green worked on driving the ships, answering transmissions, and serving for the two Irken leaders, known as The Almighty Tallest.

One of the Tallest, Purple, slammed his smoothie down on his chrome desk, and scurried towards a Four-foot Irken worker with one antenna missing and with butterscotch eyes.

"Make a transmission to Earth, Zot!" Purple growled to the Irken.

Zot, the Irken with butterscotch eyes, squeaked and ran to the transmission desk to send a message to Earth, fearing that Purple would pull off his other antenna.

Purple scratched his collar and called for the other Tallest, named Red.  Red drank the rest of Purple's smoothie and levitated to his co-leader.

"WHAT!?"  Red growled.

"We're almost to Earth.  Want to send a transmission to Zim already?  I think it's time he knows the truth."

Purple's violet eyes reflected the view of Jupiter that spun next to their ship.  Red sighed, "Afraid so.  We're about a week away from the planet.  He will soon know that he's going to be captured and possibly destroyed by us."

Both Tallests glared at Zot.  She jumped and opened a transmission.

/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\

Meanwhile on Earth...

Zim screwed open the lid to Gir's head,  "It's been FIFTEEN years, Gir.  You still haven't matured."

Gir stuck out it's tongue playfully.

The lime green alien growled as he dug around in Gir's head,  "The heck is this?"  Zim pulled out a couple paperclips, a bottle cap, and a gumball.  He glared at Gir, "did you put these in your own head?"

The silver robot would have crossed his eyes, "no."  Gir's shiny metal reflected the bright light in the lab.  It's cyan eyes appeared innocent.  "Can I have my cupcake now?"

"NO!"  

Gir seemed to have shrunk in fear.  Zim face-palmed. 

As Zim continued digging around inside the robot's head, his computer beeped.

Zim's magenta eyes glanced at the desktop,  "huh.  Message from the mighty Tallest.  I haven't heard from them for a while."  He peered down at the floor.  He gave up taking over the world three years, realizing that humanity really isn't that bad.  Except for Dib of course- he's still chasing after Zim.

 When he answered the call, the Tallest's phone seemed to have zoomed in too far, because the only thing the screen showed was Red's neck.

Zim tried holding in his snort as Red's Adam's apple bobbled, "Zim, we have something to... explain."

"And that is?"

Purples voice yelled from behind Red, "RED!  BACK UP!"

"Oh."  Red scooted back, allowing Zim to see both Red and Purple's faces.

Purple continued from Red, "Well, we lied to you for quiet a while- ever since we sent you off to this... planet.  For I think about five years?"

"Fifteen-" Zim corrected.

"Whatever," Purple snarled.  Red shoved the other tall Irken aside.

Red growled, "We didn't know that the "Mystery Planet" existed.  We just wanted you out of sight.  Now we see that you haven't even made progress on this... 'Earth'."

Zim sighed, "I gave up on taking over the world three years ago."

Red and Purple blinked.

"Anyways," continued the Irken wearing a lilac and mulberry striped suit, "we're heading close to Earth, and once we reached the FILTHY planet, we will destroy you."  Purple stated that in a surprisingly calm manner.

Zim blinked and hung up on both Tallests, cutting off Red's maniac laughter.

/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\

Dib's phone rang when he was in the middle of blending bolts as a test.  When the blender blew up, he noticed the phone was ringing.

He immediately declined his call, coughed up a few bolts, and wrote down data from the test.