~Part 1~

~Y/N's POV~

Late Saturday morning, you sit up in bed, feeling a throbbing headache coming on. "Oh, great. I'm hungover." You slip out from under the covers, stretching and yawning. "Hey, Squip? Do you think you could get rid of some of the pain?" Suddenly, the realization of the past night settles in. Your Squip is gone, and you can never get him back. "Oh, please let this be some sort of joke, some sort of hallucination... Can you even hallucinate from being drunk? Squip? Please come back! I'm sorry! I miss you!" You get no response. You flop back onto your bed, already sobbing.

"Sweetie? Are you okay?" You hear your mom calling from the other room. You take a deep breath and hold everything back in.

"Yeah, I- I'm fine." Normally you can lie effectively, but you just lost your best friend due to something super idiotic you did. She strolls into your room.

"I doubt that. You were gone for most of the night," you stiffen at her words. She wasn't supposed to find out about that party. "And now you're crying in your bed the morning you wake up, talking to yourself. What happened? I promise I won't get mad." For a moment, you consider telling her the truth. Maybe she would understand and know how to save him. But although she promises she won't get mad, you know that she will if you tell her that you took a suspicious pill that turned out to be a supercomputer. Either that or she'll think that you're on drugs or something. So you try lying again.

"Uh, just a terrible dream."

"So it has nothing to do with the fact that you were out last night?"

"Not to my knowledge. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have homework to do." That part wasn't necessarily a lie. You did have homework to do. You usually don't do your homework so early in the weekend, but hopefully, she won't notice. Anything to get your mind off your late Squip. You're never getting him back, so why would you keep on obsessing over him? Nothing good will come out of it.

"Fine. Just call me if you need anything. Later on, though, I do want to have a talk with you."

Crap! What if she knows? You're going to get into huge trouble. "Alright, see you," you say to your mom. As she leaves, you open your backpack, pulling out a laptop and a few books. As you start your homework, you can't stop thinking about him. How you threatened him to start cutting again even though that was the last thing he wanted. How he'd been willing to put his emotions behind you for your sake. How he would have done anything for you. How you painfully killed him moments before he told you he'd loved you. How he said how he didn't want to see your heart broken by being with Jake, who cheats on everyone, most likely including you.

Unable to hold it in any longer, you lay your head against your desk and cry as quietly as you can.

~Squip's POV~

The holographic image of your Squip shimmers in a cold, dark room, every few seconds getting a painful shock. It looks as though he's floating through nothing. He remembers the last few words he told you and the rushed and desperate kiss, the first and the last the two of you would ever share, how during the entire experience he was being shocked by his programmers like he used to shock you. Before he fell for you. He wasn't supposed to have emotion. He wasn't even supposed to improve your life as you thought.

His main goal was to infect everybody with one of himself so his creators could be in control of society. But he can't bear to think like that, not when he was so in love with you.

Another shock takes over his holographic body. He thinks about you, all of his focus is on you and all the memories you shared. How he made sure to pick clothes he knew you would like even though they weren't the most popular, simply because you liked them, how he always comforted you enough so you eventually stopped cutting. How he tried to dissuade you from being in love with Jake, the popular asshole but never succeeded.

He takes the beating. It's punishment for falling so hard for you and for trying to actually make you happy. He was supposed to kill you from the inside out so you could spread more Squips. If for some incredible reason he ever saw you again, then he would tell you everything. He would try to make things better. His physical quantum computer was still in your brain, but he didn't have access to any part of you anymore.

When Squips are deleted, they aren't destroyed immediately. They instead wait out the time until they are "cleaned" and sent off to another user. Soon, his programmers would come and take away his emotions. Everything that made him love you so much and want the best for you. They would delete his memories, wipe the slate, and send him to another user. That's what will happen, it's inevitable. He shouldn't get his hopes up, it will only hurt him more in the end.

He looks up and tries to forget the situation. Trap himself in all of the good memories he had of you before they are taken away. Distract him from the oncoming tragedy that could only be described as death. What else would you call everything you value being taken away from you? No more reason to live, no more reason to keep trying. No more reason to hate the pain that keeps on coming. He closes his eyes and stands tall as another shock convulses through his body.