~Part 4~

~Y/N's POV~

You're going to Japan soon. Soon as in like, you're in the airport, boarding the plane in ten minutes. Your mom (her Squip, to be exact) has been trying to teach you some basic Japanese so you won't be totally in the dark with what's happening when your mom's speaking with whoever. Most of the stress is over since you're done with security and all of that other stuff, but you're still anxious. Your Squip might be dead right now, and you'll be in a foreign country when you find out. But you can still hope.

Your mom is currently listening to her Squip. You know because she's ignoring you and looking to her side where he is. He's probably teaching her Japanese since you can hear her mumbling random phrases that sound unfamiliar.

You lean back in your stiff chair next to the gate and close your eyes. You're hit with another wave of guilt, grief, and longing for your Squip. You remember the idea that you had last night. You're going to name your Squip if-- WHEN-- you get him back. Your mind flicks through possible names. Sam? No. Joe? No. Aaron? Absolutely not, that's a character from Hamilton. What are you even thinking? You'll just ask him once you get him back.

Your phone buzzes and you're snapped back into reality. It's a text from Michael? You thought he hated you since you got the Squip and became popular?

Michael: Yo, Y/N? Are you okay? Please answer me!

You decide to reply back. No harm in that. Plus, he sounds worried.

Y/N: Yeah, I'm fine. What's up?

Michael: Okay, you know the party a few nights ago?

Y/N: What about it?

You remember Jake and how he dissed you and how you killed your Squip. Yeah, you know the party! But you can't let that anger out on Michael. He's a pure, innocent cinnamon roll/smol bean. He doesn't deserve that and he has no idea what's happened. He thinks you still have the Squip.

Michael: Rich lit Jake's house on fire. I wanted to know if you were okay since you were there. I left before that happened.

Y/N: So did I. But hasn't it been a few days? Why talk to me so much later?

Michael: I shattered my phone. I only got it replaced a few minutes ago.

Y/N: Oh, okay. Quick story: I killed my Squip for making me sound stupid in front of Jake, he told me that it was because he was in love with me and didn't want to see me hurt by him by dating him, and now I want him back so I'm about to board a plane to Japan.

Y/N: By the way, were you the one who put Mountain Dew Red in my car?

Michael: Wait, what? Back up a bit. And yes, I was. Squips ruin lives.

Y/N: Mine didn't, and I want him back. We'll talk about this later. Somehow, my mom got her hands on a Squip as well. And he knew that my Squip got killed. I told him I wanted my Squip back, and so he got us a flight to Japan.

Michael: That doesn't make it any more clear. I won't ask. You seriously want it back?

Y/N: First of all, he's a him. Second of all, yes, I do. Very much so.

Michael: Fine then. Sorry for making you able to kill him. Do you think you could ditch the whole popularity thing and become friends with me again?

Y/N: Totally. I've already decided to. Can you think of some names for him? I want to name him but I can't seem to think of any good ones.

Michael: Thank goodness. What have you thought of?

Y/N: Don't laugh.

Michael: I won't, I promise.

Y/N: Sam, Joe, and Aaron. That's literally it.

Michael: Hahaha! 🤣

Y/N: You promised...

Michael: Sorry. But I may have done that on purpose.

Y/N: Grr...

Y/N: Sorry, I have to go. We're boarding. Talk to you later!

Michael: Bye! I'll keep it on my mind!

Y/N: Thanks!

You stand up. They're calling your flight group. Guess it's time to listen to Heathers on repeat for twelve hours and hope your Squip isn't dead.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"We are arriving at our destination. Prepare for landing. It is currently seventy-two degrees Fahrenheit and twenty-two degrees Celsius. The time is one pm. Welcome to Tokyo, Japan. Watashitachiha mokutekichi ni tōchaku shite imasu. Chakuriku no junbi o shimasu. Genzai wa kashi 72-do, sesshi 22-dodesu. Jikan wa gogo 1-jidesu. Tōkyō e yōkoso."

"What was all that jibberish?" You ask your mom. She should know Japanese now.

"It was just repeating what it said in English."

"Oh. I was hoping it was, like, a secret message."

"Sorry to disappoint you, but no."

Your mom and you walk out of the plane. You grab your bags and a taxi while you marvel at your mother's Japanese skills. Once you get your Squip back, you will learn Japanese as well. Because why not? The taxi is surprisingly clean inside and the driver thankfully asks no questions. Therefore, your mom and you decide to discuss your game plan.

"Mom, let's go find the place where we can fix 'em right now. Please?" You need to be super vague just in case the driver understands English and gets suspicious.

"Let's go to the hotel first and drop off our bags. We still have hours in the day. It will be fine."

"Is it saying that?"

"Didn't you say that they are..." You motion towards the driver to emphasize that it's a bad idea to speak too much about them, including calling your Squips people. It's just too confusing to an outside observer.

"Oh, right. But yes, it should be fine."

"Alright..."

We don't talk for the rest of the ride. You look out the window to the busy streets and traffic. Finally, the taxi pulls up to a decent-looking hotel. Once you go inside, your mom starts talking to the desk clerk in Japanese. They show you where your room is, and you go up. The room is small, but it's clean and there's just enough room for both of you. You drop your bags on one side of the queen-sized bed and glance to your mom.

"Hey, are we ready to go?" You ask. She glances up towards her side and, after a moment, she speaks.

"Yep. My Squip is ready to give us directions. Let's go."