Chapter 4

Everyone knew that Mu Rulan spoiled her brothers. But only the brothers knew that even though she spoiled them, she never allowed them to overindulge.

Sometimes she was so strict they were afraid of her, and afraid that she wouldn't want them anymore. That was why nobody in the world could stop the twin brothers, but their sister was definitely the one they obeyed without question.

Their backs were rigid, as though they were wronged or in a temper. Neither of them wanted to turn around, and Mu Rulan didn't bother coaxing them.

She sat back at her desk with her glasses on to continue working. She answered the phone often and gave out orders, looking like a strong successor.

Her tone was gentle and her voice soft, enough to make your heart melt. It was comfortable to listen to, even when she was scolding someone it was soft like cotton candy.

The twins standing in the back facing the wall were getting upset. They were in a loop, clenching their fists, loosening them, and repeating again. Time passed slowly, but Mu Rulan continued to ignore them. Mu Rulin, still immature but always the more rational of the two, took action.

He turned his back and faced Mu Rulan, his beautiful but childish face slightly wounded. He pouted a little and said, "Sister, don't be angry. I was wrong."

At his side, Mu Rusen was angry and immediately scolded in his heart, "Mu Rulin, you bastard! We agreed we were going to let our sister console us!"

Mu Rusen had always been short-tempered and stubborn. He could even sulk for days and nights if he was really angry. But it was evident he didn't dare throw a tantrum in front of Mu Rulan, afraid the affection she held for him would decrease. He was even terrified that his twin brother might hog all of his sister's love.

So he followed his brother, turning around to rush with big steps to Mu Rulan and hugging her. To witness such a young boy of 15 years with attractive features and a tall body at 1.7 meters acting like a spoilt child in front of his sister was a sight to see: "Sister, I'm sorry. Don't be mad, we were just too angry just now, sister~"

Mu Rulin was standing opposite the desk, staring at them without a word. But his gaze turned dark hidden behind his spectacles, his lips held in a straight line.

Mu Rulan became dizzy with all the wiggling from Mu Rusen. She had no choice but to put down her pen and look at her brothers: "Okay, then tell me this. Lan Yiyang just transferred to our school two days ago. What could he possibly have done to offend the two of you to the point that you beat him so badly?"

The moment she brought up the transfer student, Mu Rusen's face immediately turned dark. "That bastard..."

"Hm?"

Mu Rusen continued, "He's disgusting! You don't even know what he said – err... Umm... Nothing. He just said a few words that riled us up." Mu Rusen seemed to realize something in the middle of talking. He felt wronged and glanced up at Mu Rulan, lowering his head and finishing his sentence in a soft tone.

Mu Rulan sighed, bending down to take out the first aid kit from under the table. She stood to dip the cotton in the medicine. It was natural for her to use the other hand and raise Mu Rusen's chin up.

Only these siblings would be so intimate together. People who didn't know them would definitely think that they were a couple rather than siblings.

Mu Rusen felt his heartbeat flutter with her sudden actions. "Sister..."

Mu Rulan asked Mu Rusen to sit on the chair. Although her little brother was only one year younger than her, he was already much taller. She could only reach him easily when he sat down.