2

Lily's POV:

Lily's POV:

"We're home love." Mason says quietly, reaching over to tuck my hair behind my ear.

My eyes snap up to see that we are in fact home.

I didn't even notice we stopped.

I remove my head from the window and unbuckle the seatbelt, staying silent as I open the car door and step out.

I hear Mason sigh quietly and follow after me. When we're both inside, I slip off my shoes while he takes off his jacket.

"Talk to me Lil, you haven't said anything since we left." He gently grips my waist and spins me around. I avoid his gaze and shrug.

Honestly, i'm mad.
He left me there alone, and also could've gotten himself killed. The guy had a gun for christ's sake.

What would I do if he got hurt?
I don't even want to think about it.

Mason tilts my chin up so i'm forced to look at him. "Please?" He whispers.

"Who was he?" I ask.

Mason licks his lips nervously. "Some guy from my old rival gang."

I raise an eyebrow. "Are you still in it?"

He immediately shakes his head. "No, no of course not. I wasn't lying when I said I was done with that shit." And I believe him.

He warned me before that he'd most likely always have enemies. That's a risk I chose to take.

I slowly nod. "Will he come back?"

Mason runs his fingers through his hair and lets out a frustrated sigh. "Honestly baby...I don't know." He holds his arms out for a hug and I don't hesitate to wrap my arms around his neck while his slip around my waist. "But I swear I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe." He whispers before lightly kissing my neck.

"I know." I mumble against his shoulder.

But what about him?

Since we had to leave the groceries at the store, Mason and I decided to order some pizza, which is what we're eating now.

I've been wanting to ask him something, but i'm not sure how he'll react. You never know when it comes to Mason.

I take a deep breath and set down my plate.

Mason turns his eyes away from the TV and looks at me with a frown. "What's wrong? You've barely eaten anything."

I bite my lip and play with the end of his shirt that i'm wearing. "I-I..."

He sits up straight and also puts his food on the coffee table before placing his hand on my inner thigh. "What is it sweetheart?"