5

Lily's POV:

Lily's POV:

I hum quietly to myself as I brush my hair in the mirror. The past few days have been uneventful. I've gone to the gym with Mason, talked to Carter and Jackson, went to my parents house, and spent even more time with Mason.

Luckily the nightmares have calmed down a little, Mason obviously had something to do with that. I'll never understand how he manages to keep them away.

"Good morning." A deep voice mumbles from the doorway.

I see Mason walking towards me while rubbing his eyes tiredly and a grin appears on my face. "Good morning." I set the brush down and open my arms for a hug.

He reaches me and immediately wraps his arms around my waist so he can nuzzle his face into my neck. "You slept okay?"

I hum a reply as I play with his soft hair.

"Princess..." He trails off warningly.

"I did, I promise."

Mason pulls away and looks at me unsurely. He opens his mouth to speak when my phone buzzing cuts him off. We both look behind me to where it's resting on the counter.

Perfect timing Jackson. Really.

"Who's Jackson?"

His tone of voice makes me wince. He's already angry.

"From two years ago remember? H-He was my friend." I try not to seem so nervous, but I can't help it. I know i'm doing nothing wrong by talking to Jackson, but I still hate making Mason angry.

Realization flashes through his eyes and his jaw clenches. "Why the fuck is he texting you? How'd he even get your number?"

I pick up my phone and unlock it to see what he said. "He came back from California a couple days ago. I gave it to him." I tell him quietly, glancing up at him through my lashes.

'wanna grab breakfast?'

"Why would you do that?" He tilts his head. "I thought you didn't like him-"

"That was you Mason." I cut him off. "You didn't like him."

He narrows his eyes on me. "So what, you're gonna go get food with him?"

I shake my head with a frown. "No."

I know I wouldn't like it if he went out for breakfast with another girl. I trust him, but there are some ruthless girls out there.

His body slightly relaxes. "Good."

I send Jackson a reply before I forget, feeling guilty as I type it out.

'i can't today, i'm sorry :( maybe another time?'

"I'm sorry." Mason mumbles.

I look up at him with my eyebrows furrowed. "For what?"