3

Lily's POV:

Lily's POV:

"Lulu, how've you been?"

I look in the direction of the familiar voice and grin. "Hi Ally! I'm good, how about you?"

Alex owns his own boxing gym, which is where we are now, and he gives lessons to anyone wanting them. I would've had him help me, but Mason insisted he taught me himself.

"Same old. Mason told me he's teaching you how to fight? Did I hear correctly?"

I nod. "Yep! I'm gonna be just like you."

Alex laughs and ruffles my hair. "I'm sure you will."

"Come on Lil, let's go warm up." Mason says once he returns from buying the boxing gloves that Alex also sells here. I give Alex a quick hug before following after Mason.

We do a couple stretches before he leads me over to a big punching bag. He then tells me we're gonna start with boxing and work on other skills later.

"Hands." He holds out his own so I place my hand in his. Mason slips a pair of gloves on both of them before closing the strap. "Do they feel alright?"

I nod so he turns me towards the bag.

"First things first, your stance. You need to place your feet shoulders length apart, like this." He shows me what to do by spreading his feet apart a little so that they're lined up with his shoulders. I copy his actions and wait for the next step, watching him closely. He looks really good right now, shirtless with gray sweatpants, so it's not hard to stay focused on him.

"Keep your feet the same distance apart, but scoot your right leg back further than your left." I do as he says.

I guess I did something wrong since he chuckles. "Not too far baby. Line up the heel of your back foot with the front of your other foot." I correct my position with a small blush on my cheeks.

"What now?" I ask quietly.

"When throwing power punches, your feet will move around more, but if you're only throwing a jab, they shouldn't move at all." I nod attentively. "Your back heel is always lifted and your knees will be bent slightly when throwing a jab."

"In a real fight, protecting your head is the most important part. I want you to place your right hand next to your cheek, so it's almost touching it. Your left hand needs to cover your chin, but not your eyes. That will make you vulnerable."

Mason helps me place my hands correctly since i'm having some trouble.

"Good. Now punch."

My eyes widen slightly. "Now?"

He holds back a smile and nods.

I take a deep breath and punch the bag as hard as I can. It didn't move an inch.