Chapter 1: A Spared Life

"What are you doing?" The injured cyromancer asked her opponent. Scorpion. The nether realm spectre could only grunt in reply as he sheathed his blood covered spear. The grandmaster could only wonder what he was doing. Right now, she was at his mercy, he was probably going to kill her. But surprisingly, the spectre simply turned his back to her.

What are you doing?" She asked again. The revenant calmly turned his head towards her. " I am calming myself." He growled. This angered Sub zero, for what possible reason could he be calming himself for? She and him were from rival clans, they were enemies, and worst of all she had killed him when he was still living. "What reason would you have for calming yourself!?" She questioned him aggressively. 

"To not kill you." He choked out. It was obvious that he was trying his best efforts not to lash out and decapitate her. Sub zero fell into a state of shock. Scorpion, her mortal enemy, was sparing her? No, this had to be some kind of trick! "Do not lead me into a false sense of security, Shirai Ryu scum, just get it over with and kill me." She growled.

"You do not plead for your life? You do not beg for mercy?" He asked. I growled at his words. "No, I am a proud Lin Kuei, I will not beg for mercy to the likes of you." She snarled. On the outside, she put on the facade of anger, but on the inside she was terrified, never before has she been defeated. This was a first for her, she knew not what to do. She wanted to keep her life, but not if it meant giving him the satisfaction of watching her pathetically beg.

"It is amusing to think that you thought you were stronger than me, and now you are on your knees, your fate in my hands. He voiced to Sub zero. 

Sub zero could be seen trembling for a moment. His voice held such authority and power. It made her shiver. "You speak so freely about my life in your hands, but you have not done anything yet." She spoke. Sub zero felt Scorpions burning eyes piercing right through her. She shrunk under the his violent glare. God she felt pathetic right now. 

Scorpion huffed in annoyance before grabbing her shoulder and teleporting them back to earth realm where all the other earth realm combatants were gathered. When they arrived, needless to say Sub zero was awe struck. Was scorpion actually sparing her?  No, this can't be true. 

Scorpion made his way up to Raiden, the thunder God. Though they were far away, Sub zero was still able to hear them. "I did what you asked Raiden, I have spared Sub zero, now you must keep our promise and speak to the elder gods about restoring my clan." He whisper shouted. Raiden patted his shoulder as he replied. "Thank you Scorpion, we have just avoided a disastrous event by your deed." Scorpion folded his arms and raised an eyebrow under his mask. "What do you mean, thunder God?" He interrogated. 

"It is not of any importance, scorpion." He replied. Scorpion eyed him for a moment before letting out a grunt. "Very well, I shall not dwell on the subject any longer." Said Scorpion. He turned his back to walk out of the room, but Raiden stopped him. "Before you go, and before I ask for the restoration of your clan, I must ask you for a favour." Raided stated. Scorpion furiously turned to him, the raging fire present in his eyes. "Spit it out, thunder God." He said menacingly. Raider gave a nervous smile. "Scorpion, I need you to get along with Sub zero." He said. "What!?" The fire demon raged. "Why in all of outworld would you ask that?!" He demanded. Raider backed off from him. "Scorpion, if I resurrect your clan, it is most likely that the Shirai Ryu and the Lin Kuei will start a pointless war. That is why I am asking you to get along with her. We do not need pointless blood spilled while we are having a battle with Shao Kahn." He answered. After minutes of thinking, Scorpion had calmed down. "Fine..." He groaned. I shall try my best not to rip out her heart." Raided had a small smile on his face. "Ok, you can leave now." 

Scorpion walked through the doors and exited the room, while Sektor and Cyrax ran to attend their grandmaster, who watched and heard the whole ordeal. 

"Grandmaster! Are you all right?" Cyrax asked in a panicked manner. She slowly nodded her head, while still facing the direction scorpion had went. Cyrax and Sektor shrugged her strange behaviour off as they tended to her wounds.

(Done, also please notify me if there are any grammar mistakes, I will immediately correct them. Thank you for reading. I wil, try my best to update as often as I can. Till next time, this is Mr_kodeo signing out.)