Chapter 3: Visitors

In the middle of the training dojo, Bi-Han Rapidly punched the stomach of her opponent. The beaten and bruised ninja let out a pain-filled groan before tumbling onto his back. He held on tightly to his abdomen area, clutching as it pulsed with pain. Sub zero let out a low yet audible 'tsk'.

"Take him to the infirmary, he has been defeated." Sub zero commanded. Two female assassins quickly arrived before taking off with their injured companion. That man had been the seventh opponent she had defeated after she had wanted to 'train'.

Sub zero gave a cold look to the other members of the clan who had watched the fight go down. Some members flinched, while others looked away. But older members did not falter their gazes, they had been in the clan long enough to know their grandmasters usual behaviour. Her glare still on the crowd, she spoke. "Who is next?" None one stepped forward. It was either the fact that they knew they couldn't beat her after her previous battles, or of fear of getting beaten half to death.

Her glare hardened. Though the dojo was filled with deadly assassins and great Lin Kuei masters, none dared to challenge her. "No one thinks they can beat me? No one has the guts to step ahead and try?" She voiced in a menacing tone. Still, no one thought to lay one foot closer. Sub zero gave a disappointed sigh and walked off to the borders of her land.

The snow beneath her sunk under her weight, leaving marks in the snow as she treated onward to her guards that patrolled the south wall. Three ninjas stood front of a large oak door that lead outside. The three bowed respectfully at the sight of Sub zero.

"Report." Sub zero ordered. They were simple words yet held so much authority. The three stood up straight. The that stood in the middle, a male dressed in white, cleared his voice to speak.

"Since the start of our 8 hour shift, there has been nothing worth mentioning for approximately 7 hours." He stated.

Sub zero raised an eyebrow at the last words that left his mouth. "You said 7 hours, not the full 8 hour rotation, so something has happened during your last hour?" She asked curiously. The ninja to his left was a female dressed in black and had a belt with shurikens hanging off. She bowed and reported.

"Yes, during our remaining hour, we saw two men approach the entrance, they had asked for entrance into the Lin Kuei temple, but we denied them their wish." She droned in a monotone voice.

Now Sub zero was very curious. Nearly no one could find the temple, it was too well hidden. "Tell me who they were." She demanded. The last ninja, another male in black, was the next to talk.

"Well grandmaster, though we are not quite sure, we think it was the thunder God." He replied. Sub zero squinted her eyes. Why had Raiden of all people come to her temple? And how did he even know where it was? "You are sure?" She asked. The female warrior nodded.

"I see..." She said. Her hand made its way to her chin as she rubbed it in thought. "So you are positive it was the thunder God?" She asked the woman. She nodded her head. "Hmmm, interesting." She continued her chin rubbing. "And who was the second man?" The man in white became a little nervous, his fear was ever so present on his face and sweat had even started to form in his forehead. Sub zero looked him up and down in suspicion. She marched Over till they were both face to face. Though she was a bit shorter, she still was a LOT more stronger, and she made sure everyone in the Link Kuei knew this.

"Tell me, who was this man?" She asked once more, her tone becoming dangerously low. The man steeled himself. "Umm, i do not know who he is, nor have I ever heard of him, but I can describe him." He offered. The grandmaster eyed the man. "Please tell me, why are you so nervous?" She questioned. The ninja rubbed the back of his neck and exhaled sharply. "Well, it was just that he looked very intimidating." He stated.

Sub zero smacked the side of the assassins head. "You fool, we are Lin Kuei, we are not intimidated my mere looks." She growled. "I thought you would have known that by now." The man quickly rubbed where she had slapped him and then stood in line with the other two. "Forgive my insolence grandmaster, for I am new to the Lin Kuei."

Sub zero just snorted at the newbies claims. "New or not, I will not accept weaklings who are scared just by appearance in my clan, toughen up or leave. She commanded. He saluted.

"Now tell me, who was the second man that came?" She asked once more. At that moment smoke; one of tundras friends and fellow Lin Kuei, had appeared out of thin air, bowing on his knees.

"Grandmaster, there are two visitors at the south gate who are wishing to speak with you." He rasped through the smoke around him. I looked towards the three ninja, who were looking back as if we had thought the same thing.

"Smoke, who are they?" The said ninja got up off of the ground. "The first is Raiden." He responded. I turned to the three assassins, who in turn, looked at each other. I looked back to Smoke. "And who is the second?"

"It is Scorpion."

(Another chapter done. Also, I now have a new pet snail called snobby, I named him after snobby shores in fortnite. Also, please know that if I take a while to update a book, it is because I am busy and focus on updating as frequently as I used to. Thank for understanding. As always, till next time, This is Mr_kodeo signing out.)