3-2: Agent Part 2

I stopped and blinked. "Okay, let me take this back a second; You want to keep Victor Von Doom from giving bad guys the Human Torch's blood, and you want me, a random guy with a crappy homemade costume from Queens, to help you steal it from him?"

Silver Sable nodded.

I placed a hand on my chest. "Me?"

Again a nod.

I put my hands up. "Well, I'm flattered, but I don't see where I fit into this."

Sable shook her head. "There are multiple circumstances that make you ideal for this. First, you're enhanced. That provides a clear edge should anything go wrong."

I frowned. "What could go wrong?"

"Second," She continued, completely ignoring me, "you haven't made a big name for yourself yet. Since you don't have connections and can't be easily identified, we don't have to be concerned about Doom's connecting you to this, or us to you."

"Yeah, that's a very big concern to me..."

"And finally, we need you." She lifted her head and looked directly at me. She almost seemed to stare right through my mask and goggles straight into my eyes. "We recently had a team member...disabled...during a mission."

I paused. "Are they okay?"

She gripped the bar in front of her. "They...will be."

I said nothing out of respect.

Sable walked over to me. "Please. You are valuable to the completion of this mission. I have much family in Symkaria that are under threat of exile, or worse. We must get this before Doom."

I pushed my teeth just a little into my lower lip. Despite my best interests, I couldn't help but feel compelled.

I raised my head and offered my hand. "Alright. I'll see what I can do."

---

Shortly afterward, Sable returned me to my room. "We had someone use your old costume as a basis to create your uniform, though we made some modifications. I hope you'll appreciate them." I slid the door open and found a neatly folded pile of black on the cot I had woken up on.

"Feel free to change." She said while closing the door.

A few minutes later, I opened the door again. Sable glanced at me, and smiled. "I see she's outdone herself."

I looked at myself in a mirror inside the room. The costume was entirely black and gray, and served as one complete body suit, plus the gloves, feet, and mask. I could feel some detail that had been put on the surface, but it was almost the same tone of black as the rest, so it didn't show up. There was no hood on this, and the mask had lenses built in rather than a pair of goggles. From the outside, they were two angled eyes in a sort of frown, with the part that I looked through being dark gray, with a white rim around them.

I tightened one glove on my hand while giving myself a look over. "Eh," I shrugged, "black's not really my color."

"Regardless, it will be most effective. The primary objective of this mission is stealth. If any of us are pinned down, we don't want to create an international incident."

The suit was strange in how well it fit.  It was tight on my body, but somehow it made me feel loose, not restrained in any way.

Sable quickly guided me back into the command room we had come from. As we entered, a woman said something, once again in a language I couldn't understand. Sable gave a short reply, and turned slightly to me. "We're approaching Symkaria. You're going to need a breakdown."