Stupid Brett

Theo would never admit he's jealous. He doesn't like to think he is jealous I mean sure if someone comes and flirts with Liam he will grab his hand or throw his arm around Liam's shoulder but he doesn't count that as jealous. He's just giving the person a hint that Liam is not available, and they shouldn't embarrass themselves with trying to make advances on him.

Now seeing Brett hang all over Liam was making Theo feel some type of way. The pack decided to have a cookout over at Derek's new place. It's quite lovely, he was able to get the Hale land back and rebuilt a house for himself and his girlfriend. Theo was sitting on the back deck while everyone was playing a game of volleyball in the back yard.

Liam was doing amazing if Theo said so himself, but Theo may a bit biased. He might be short but with his wolf strength it was working well for him and he is fast. Every time Liam made a shot that the other team couldn't block, Brett would always be right there touching Liam in some way. It sometimes could be a tap on the back and then it would progress to high fiving and holding his hand for a little too long. Brett would eyeball Theo every time he would touch Liam as he knew. He was trying to provoke Theo and Theo wasn't going to give in. Theo had to calm down, he trusted Liam.

Theo was pissed. Liam and his team won the game, Theo was proud of him for that, Theo was seeing red because of Brett. Liam made the winning shot, Stiles wasn't fast enough to catch it, Liam's whole team began cheering over the win teasing the other team. Brett came up to Liam and picked him up hugging him spinning him around. Theo clenched his hands, he promised Liam he wouldn't do anything stupid tonight. But the moment Brett laid a big one on Liam's cheek he stood up so fast his chair went flying behind him.

Liam knew right away that the noise was Theo. Sure Liam has noticed throughout the whole game that Brett has been a bit touchy, but he just thought it was him being friendly. Never once since the pair have been friends has Brett ever kissed him on the cheek before. Liam looked over at Theo and saw him breathing heavily. He pulled himself away from Brett, rushing over to Theo pulling him in the direction of the house away from Brett.

Theo struggled a bit against Liam, but he didn't stop Liam from pulling him into the house and up the stair to the guest room Theo often slept in. Derek's new girlfriend refused to let Theo sleep in his truck anymore once she found out that was his current living situation and basically moved Theo into the Hale house.

Liam pushed Theo to sit on the edge of the bed before starring at him, waiting for the older male to talk. Theo leaned his elbows to the tops of his legs hunched over, head in hands. "Are you jealous of Brett?" Liam questions. Theo lets out a huff of a laugh.

"No." he replies. Liam rolls his eyes. "Theo I can hear your heartbeat. If you're not jealous then explain to me why you almost killed Brett back there." Liam had his arms across his chest leaning against the dresser against the wall holding Theo's T.V up. Theo racked his brain for an excuse. "He said something earlier to me that got me mad that's all."

Theo was pleased with himself coming up with the excuse until Liam's next sentence. "Well what did he say to you, I'll go talk to him he shouldn't be mean to you Theo." Theo widened his eyes a bit. Alright so maybe he wasn't good at this making excuse thing. "He uh said that my hair was stupid." Theo cringed the moment he finished the sentence. How stupid is he?

Liam laughed. "You are the absolute worst at making excuses Theo." Liam moved closer to where Theo was sitting on the edge of the bed and slides in-between Theos legs, interlocking his hands behind Theo's neck. "Theo come on tell me what's really going on." Theo sighs before leaning his head against Liam's stomach. He begins to aimlessly toy with the ends of Liam's shirt trying to distract himself from the embarrassment about to come.

"I don't mind Brett, I never have. I know you guys are just friends and I'm not insecure about our relationship or anything like that, I'm just afraid you're going to see what's better and leave. Brett is taller than me, skinnier and more fit than me he is just overall more attractive than me. Brett also didn't try to get you to kill your alpha and betray your friends. You deserve the happy ending with someone who will always treat you well not someone who comes with the amount of emotional damage I do. I'm insecure about me."

Theo didn't move his head from where it was laying against Liam not wanting to see his face, the disappointment, and shame. The fear sets in that this could be the last time he would be able to be like this. Liam always being able to sense Theo's feelings held on a little tighter telling Theo he isn't letting go of him.

Liam gently grabbed Theo's face lifting it up before slowly sitting on Theo's lap. "Hey, I don't want Brett. I don't find Brett more attractive than you. He's too tall for me can you imagine if we were together? I already have to reach on my toes sometimes for you. Also, I don't like how much Brett works out or how he looks.

When I look at Brett I always compare him to you, you are fuller than him and I like that about you I don't need you to be complete muscle. I like that when I hug you I fit perfectly under your chin and that your eyes are a bit darker because when the light hits them right it's the most beautiful thing in the world. You don't have to worry about me finding better in Brett because nothing is better than you Theo. I love you and time won't change that."

Theo looked at Liam with such hope in his eyes. Liam smiled down at him and kissed him gently. Theo held Liam to him not wanting this moment to end. Liam loved him, and Theo knew that. He listened to Liam's heart and felt what Liam was saying. He can't believe Liam is in love with him. He always felt like no one loved him. His parents always preferred his sister. He was used his whole life from others and then Liam came into his life.

Liam even after everything Theo had done was always on his side. He took chances on him, he teamed up with him during fights in Beacon Hills, he went against his whole pack his family to defend and protect Theo. He even went as far as getting attacked by Malia to protect Theo once.

Liam smiles down at Theo with light tears in his eyes. Liam leans down to press his forehead against Theo's smiling. Tell me again Theo pleads. Liam huffs out a laugh. I love you Theo Raeken more than anything and no one is going to change that. Theo lets out a watery laugh.

Theo would do anything for Liam. He has proved that on multiple occasions risking his life for Liam and being okay with dying. Liam had a family and a healthy future, and he was going to make damn sure Liam got it. Theo loved him and that scares him. If he loses Liam, he isn't sure what he will do. Theo grabbed Liam's hand that was on his face squeezing it gently.

Liam, I love you more than anything in the world. You are my world, my only family. I just want you to have the best in the world and it is a bit hard for me to understand to you that's me. I just don't want you to give up on me. Never Liam replies before kissing Theo again.

The pair head downstairs to join the rest of the pack after their talk. Hand in hand they walk back outside with happiness radiating off the two of them. Derek's girlfriend notices the pair first and sees how happy they look and smiles. Liam pulls Theo over to the couches on the deck and sits down with Theo leaning against him. 

Brett comes over running his hand through Liam's hair. Theo looks up glares and smacks his hand away. Go away Brett go hit on Nolan or something Liam is mine. Brett throws his hands up in fake surrender before laughing and running off towards Nolan. Theo leans his head up to look at Liam who has his eyebrow raised. Theo shrugs gently before turning back to watch Stiles fail miserably at playing Volleyball against Derek. He wasn't jealous promise.