III

"Give me your fuckin' money."

Karmi's POV

After arriving back on clan grounds, we all we swarmed by the remaining worried members who checked over us and our wounds before throwing a party to celebrate what our safe return. 

It was now a bit past midnight yet everyone was still up celebrating, I was seated next to a blushing Dorji and Toya. The brown haired girl was thanking Dorji for rescuing her while Dorji was a blushing mess. Suddenly Grams appeared in front of the two and told Dorji to "Man Up" causing the tall male to grow flustered and tell Grams to stop. 

I couldn't help the smile that formed as I watched the scene, I looked around at the others and saw how happy they all looked, their smiles bringing warmth to my chest. I saw Grams smile at the group before standing and walking away, noticing this I turned around and asked her where she was going. 

"To pee Karmi, why do you wish to come help this old lady?" Immediately my smile was replaced with a scowl. 

"No way you hag, I'll have nightmares for years! Are you trying to scar me for life?" I half expected her to hit me with her walking stick but instead, she just let out a small laugh before walking away. I noticed she wasn't walking towards the restrooms but rather towards the hills. 

I wanted to leave her be, but the feeling of unease caused me to stand up and follow after the woman. For someone so small and old she sure does walk fast. After a few more seconds of walking, I finally saw her figure in the distance, looking up at the sky. 

I was hesitant to disturb her but a shimmer of light caught my attention from the corner of my eye. Turning my head, I squinted my eyes to see what it was, and when I noticed what it was I broke out into a sprint, "Grams! Look ou-" But I was too late, I watched with wide eyes as an arrow struck her in the back. 

I wanted to go up to check on her but a sudden pain spread throughout my left side like a wildfire, looking down I saw an arrow pierced straight through my side. Luckily, it's seemed to have missed any vital spots and organs. 

 I let out a flow of curses before slowly taking a deep breath and standing up, my right hand pressing firmly to the injury. I knew not to remove it since it will only do more harm than good, so holding on to the arrow filled wound, I jogged over to the fallen old woman whose fragile body was trying it's hardest to breathe. 

"Grams, come on, don't sleep. You gotta stay awake, just for a little while okay?" Silence was all I got in response, but since I could feel her body moving under my fingertips I knew she was alive, but I knew if I continued to do nothing she wouldn't be much longer. 

Unlike myself, she was older than dirt, meaning her body couldn't take this much stress and blood loss. Clicking my tongue, I began to think about what to do. I didn't know any healing magic yet so there's no way I could heal her with magic, that and I don't have a fucking first-aid kit with me at the moment. These thoughts lead me to on conclusion of getting help, which leads to another problem, how?

We were a good distance away from the others, meaning even if I screamed they most likely would not have heard, not that I could my side was killing me and yelling would only make it worst. I could use my light magic to send a spark up towards the sky and gather their attention, but they could confuse it for fireworks. 

Groaning, I pressed harder to both my wound and Grams, making sure there was enough pressure to stop the bleeding, at least for now. There was no way to get help to come for us, and waiting would be too risky and dangerous. 

By now Grams breathing was fading more and more causing me to go into a panic. Scanning my brain for another method for help I found none causing me to let out a muttered, drawn-out curse. Removing my hand from my wound I placed it under Grams while mumbling a small, "Fuck it, I just gotta do it myself."