Québec

Quick warning before the story, my French is very bad, I'm not from Québec. But I tried my best, if you see any mistakes in my grammar, feel free to connect it.

Edits: I made some corrections to the French in this story with the help of a few commentators!
————————————————————
Un meeting
UN watched the countries talk amongst themselves, the meet was supposed to have started 10 minutes ago, but one country was missing.
Canada, it was very strange, hopefully something like the Great Maple Syrup Heist hasn't happened again.

Then, the door swung open to reveal Canada, he did not look in distress, he looked quite the opposite in fact. They where wearing a blue turtle neck instead of their normal sweater, their touque still in place, a Tim Horton's cup in one hand and a take out bag in the other, skinny jeans, and dress shoes.

Canada was almost radiating confidence.

"Canada," EU spoke up, attracting everyone's attention to the late country, "Do you mind explaining why your late?"

Canada gave EU a exasperated look, « je ne doit pas m'expliquer à vous, » and then, Canada strutted over to his spot between America and Mexico and gracefully sat down, looking both very tired and somehow still better then them all.

All assembled blinked in confusion, as Britain just sighed, "Canada, most people can't really understand you when you speak French, so please switch back to English."

Canada looked insulted, « pourquoi? France peut traduire pour moi! »

"Canada I don't know what you're saying," Britain said giving Canada a stern look.

"Hold on!" America blurted out, "why's my brother speaking Spanish?"

Canada stood up, knocking his chair over, « je ne parle pas Spanish! Je suis parle français tu ostie de colon! »

America just blinked, before turning back to Britain, "what he say?"

Britain just sighed and looked over to France, who answered, "French in Canada is a little different then my French, but he basically said, that he's speaking French and then I believe used some sort of insult."

Canada sighed and faced palmed, « J'ai appelé Amérique un 'idiot' »

UN stared, shocked, Canada did have really good passive-aggressiveness, but he had never just blandly insulted someone.

"Alright, Canada, explain what's going on with you, in english, so we can solve this," EU said.

Canada glared at him and took a long slow sip of coffee. After a minute, they slammed the cup down, "d'accord, fine"

Canada pulled their chair back up an sat down, before continuing drinking their coffee. Their was silence for a couple seconds, "well? Are you going to ask? Ou sont nous going to just sit here?"

EU snapped into action, "why where you late?"

Canada held up the Tim Hortons cup, "le line was long," and took another sip.

Russia snorted, before falling silent, EU continued, "why were you speaking French?"

Canada just glared at him defensively, "parce que feel like it?"

Britain stood up, "I believe I can explain Canada's behaviour," all present turned there attention to the old country, "Canada has a mainly French province, Québec, and that shouldn't be really any sort of problem, but Québec has wanted independence for years, but different events keep stopping them. I believe this cause Canada to gain a separate personality at times."

A couple countries turned to look with interest to Canada, and UN was a little curious himself, but refused to show it.

"Bro that's so cool!" America exclaimed, throwing an arm around Canada's shoulders, Canada retaliated by throwing the rest of they're coffee onto America, and immediately afterwards began apologizing in both French and English.

"Je suis désolé, you startled me," Canada said worriedly as their brother dramatically withered on the floor.

UN sighed, why did he ever agree to this job?

————————————————————
Am I playing favourites with which country I write about? Yes, can you stop me? Yes, by requesting stuff.

Once again, I'm sorry for my poor French, also, the insult Canada used:
ostie de colon, i got from an article about French Canadian insults, and it said it was generally used to call someone an idiot.

Request are welcome.