III

After the little union, during which Travis almost died from the lack of air, we settled into our little apartment. Luke and I shared one, and Hazel and Bianca chose the one across from us. The Stolls picked the one to our left, Castor and Ethan to our left. Zoë refused to share with anyone, and claimed an apartment all by herself.

"Hey, Luke." I said when we were getting ready for bed. "Where was Jason and Co.?"

He stuck his head out of the bathroom door. "You mean Jason, Piper, Calypso, and Frank?"

"Um-hm."

"A quest, apparently." He answered.

I sat up, a frown on my face. "Isn't a quest typically for three people?"

Luke shrugged. "Who know? They're also twenty three years old now, and that's way too old to be running errands for the gods."

I sighed. "A lot has changed, huh?"

"Yep." He agreed. "My little Annie, lieutenant of Artemis. I'm so proud." Luke wiped away an imaginary tear."

I laughed. "Lights out."

II

I looked around frantically, all the while trying to blink the distortion out of my eyes. The last thing I remembered was going to bed in my new apartment, so why was I now standing in the Throne Room of the Gods?

Looking down, I received my answer. I sported a orange shirt, with shorts and sneakers. If it wasn't for the splattered blood that covered my entire body, I would've looked like any regular teenager. That is, a teenager with a golden sword protruding from his chest. I winced as I grabbed the hilt of the weapon, trying to pull it out. My effort was futile, of course, just like every time I had this dream,

Every time I watched the aftermath of my "death".

The Olympians sat in their thrones, bickering as usual. Zeus was being his stubborn infuriating self, refusing to swallow his pride to fight along the demigods. His arms were crossed, his expression of a child as he fought with his siblings.

"No!" He bellowed. "Those demigods are worthless scums. They do not deserve to fight along all mighty deities like us!"

Poseidon's eyes flashed with anger. "You dare call them worthless, brother? Where would you be right now without my son?"

"It is the wisest choice, father." Athena pleaded.

"No!" He screamed.

The door slid open, and the Olympians shushed as they stared at the remaining seven in awe and fear. They were battered, bruised, and looked down right horrible. They glared at the gods, and the latter flinched under their cold stare.

"It's over." Jason announced in a cold tone, his voice void of emotions. "Gaea has been defeated."

Zeus shot to his feet. "That is impossible! No one could have destroyed a primordial without-"

"Percy did. In exchange for his life." Hazel cut him off boldly.

Tears welled up in Poseidon's normally twinkling eyes, and he flashed out of the meeting without another word. The other deities glanced at each other.

"Well, I believe they should awarded greatly for their victory." Zeus finally said. "Any objections?"

Not one sound was heard, so Zeus continued. "I know what you desire. And while that scum of poseidon-"

"That scum of Poseidon, as you call him, is the reason we're all alive right now." Piper snapped.

"Besides, who said we desired immortality?" Frank snorted.