Chapter 15

-------------- Dean --------------

My tongue went numb... How do you respond to that? I don't know you... My girlfriend, my best friend, my only happiness, the one thing I did right, my little dreamer.... I don't know you.

Extending my hand to touch her cheek, like I had so many times before. Willing what she said to be a joke, or maybe that my touch would bring back her memory...

She kicked my hand way.

"Stay back!" She yelled. Her eyes dark and clouded from the sickness... Poison left over the demon dwelling in her mind. Killing her slowly...

The whooshing sound of wings cut off the next words I was going to attempt to get out.

"Where's the fire?" Gabriel's sarcastic voice came from behind me.

"Laura?" Castiel's voice followed, the sounds of many wings.

I turned to find, more people than expected, looking concerned and prepared to help.

Gabriel, Castiel, Balthazar, Michael, even Lucifer showed up.

"We don't have much time... She fading," Lucifers icy voice sliced through the deafening silence in the room.

The angels pushed passed me, putting all their focus on Laura. They spilled light from their graces onto her skin, pressing two fingers each to her head. Her eyes shown bright again this time with a pale blue light.

And when they angels stepped back, she was unconscious again.

"Is she gonna make it?" Sam croaked.