Chapter 1

5 years later:

I was walking along the beach at camp half-blood, which is one of my favorite places here to be. It's been 5 years since I ran away and Luke and Annabeth and I arrived at camp, and I am happy I have a family now even though I miss Thalia a lot.

Although, lately ever since after the other campers and I went to visit Olympus, things have been weird. I've been getting some weird dreams and I'm really confused about what's happening. In my dreams, I've been seeing my dad, Poseidon, and Zeus fighting and I'm not sure what it's about, even though they fight all the time. Chiron and Grover went to a boarding school, for the year and Chiron pretended to be a Latin teacher, to keep an eye on someone but the year is over so they are back. Annabeth told me she thinks we might be getting a new camper soon. Maybe we'll get some answers after they arrive. I sat down on the sand and stared at the waves.

"Hey," I heard a voice call from behind and I turned around to see my best friend, Annabeth come over and sat down next to me.

"Hey," I gave her a smile.

"You okay?" She asked me and I nodded. "Do you think we'll get a new camper today or tomorrow?

"I don't know," I shrugged. I was curious but not as much as her.

"Do you think this camper might be the one?" she asked.

"Maybe," I said. Annabeth has been wanting a quest really badly. Chiron told her that she had to wait for the one. I don't know why she wants to go on a quest really badly. Luke went on a quest once a few years ago, and he wasn't the same since then.

We sat there at a beach for a while and then Annabeth stood up.

"Come on, we better get going, it's almost dinner time," She said as she reached down and helped me up, just as the conch sounded for dinner. We started heading down to the dining pavilion. As we were walking, I saw Grover carrying a passed out boy, to the big house. Annabeth and I exchanged glances.

"Do you think that's him?" she asked me.

"I don't know, maybe, let's go," I said. We ran towards the big house. We walked inside just as Grover and Chiron carried the passed out boy towards the big house. Then Chiron came out.

"Annabeth, Val, what are you doing?" he asked. "You should be at the dining pavilion."

"We saw Grover bringing in a passed out boy here and we ran here to see what's happening," Annabeth said.

"Ah, well we have a new camper but he is passed out at the moment," he said. "Now go to the dining pavilion and I'll let you help out tomorrow."

We reluctantly agreed and left to go to the dining pavilion.

The next three days,  Annabeth and I helped out at the infirmary, taking turns in feeding the boy, nectar, and ambrosia.

On the third day, I was back at the beach, walking along the waves, when-

"Val!" I turned around to see Annabeth running towards me. "He woke up!"
"Wait, he did?" I asked as we started walking towards the big house.

"Yeah, and do you want to know the first thing I said to him?" she asked.

"What?"

"I told him that he drools in his sleep," she said. I burst out laughing.

"Of all the things you say to someone when you first meet them, you tell them that they drool in their sleep," I laughed.

"I was awkward and didn't know what else to say, okay??" she said. We arrived at the big house and then walked inside.

The boy was currently awake and sitting at a table with Chiron and Mr. D and Grover and talking to them. Chiron smiled when he saw us.