Chapter 4

After Percy and I finished packing, we stood on the hill with Annabeth and Grover. Chiron was sitting in his wheelchair with Argus right next to him. Argus was the camp's head of security. He had eyes all over his body.
"This is Argus," Chiron introduced him to Percy. "He will drive you into the city."

I heard some footsteps behind me. I turned to see Luke running up the hill with a pair of shoes in his hands.

"I came to say good luck," Luke said, as he walked over to Percy and handed him the shoes. "These are for you."
Percy blinked as he took the shoes. "Thanks?"

"Maia," Luke said and the shoes sprouted wings.

"Shoes with wings? Now that is awesome," Percy said.

"My dad gave them for me for a gift. I figured you would need them."

"Thanks," Percy said. Luke came over to Annabeth and I and gave us both big hugs, then he ran back to his cabin. I glanced at Annabeth and saw that she was blushing.

"You're hyperventilating," Percy said to Annabeth.

"I am not," she said.

"You let him capture the flag, didn't you?" he asked her.

"Ugh, why do I ever go anywhere with you?" She walked away and stood by the van.

I looked up at Percy to see him looking down at his feet. "You okay?"
He shook his head, "Why do you even stand by my side?"

"Because you are my brother. And I know what it's like to feel unwanted," I admitted. "Now I'm going to check on Annabeth

"Okay," he said. I walked over to the van and stood next to Annabeth, waiting for Percy and Grover.

"You should give Percy a chance," I said to Annabeth, as I watch Percy chatting with Chiron, and then giving the shoes to Grover.

"He's annoying," she sighed.

"This is all new to him," I said. "Also he just lost his mother and recently found out he was a demigod. Just give him a chance."

"Okay," Annabeth said, as Percy and Grover started making their way towards us. We got in the van. I sat in the middle of Percy and Annabeth with Grover on Percy's left side.

Argus drove us to the countryside.

"Ten miles and not a single monster," Percy said.

"It's bad luck to say that, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said.

"Why do you hate me so much?" he asked her.

"I don't hate you."

"You can't fool me."

"Our parents are rivals. We're not supposed to get along."
"I'm the daughter of Poseidon, and you're still my best friend and hang out with me," I glanced at Annabeth.

"You're my best friend, and I've known you since we were seven," she said.

"But why are our parents rivals?" Percy asked.

"Athena and our dad competed to be the patron god for Athens," I explained.

"Your dad created some stupid saltwater for his gift and my mom created an olive tree," Annabeth finished. "The people liked her gift better so they named the city after her."

Argus dropped us off at the Greyhound station, as it started to rain.

As we waited for the bus we played Hacky Sack with one of Grover's apple. Percy and Annabeth were good. But it ended when Grover ate it, and we all started laughing. Then the bus came and we all sat at the back of the bus.