Chapter 2

After the bathroom incident, Annabeth and I decided to show Percy the rest of the camp. We showed him the metal shop (where the Hephaestus cabin was forging their own weapons, the climbing wall, the arts and craft room (which is my second favorite place in camp beside the beach, because I love art), and finally the canoe lake. The news about the bathroom incident seemed to spread quickly because everywhere we went, the campers pointed at us and whispered to each other.

After the canoe lake, we walked to were to the trail, led to the cabins.

"I have some training to do," Annabeth said. "Dinners at 7:30." She looked at me. "Do you want to come with me or stay with Percy?"

"I'll come with you," I wanted to talk to Annabeth about something important. I looked over at Percy.

"Wait guys, I'm sorry about what happened in the bathroom," Percy apologized.

"It's okay, don't worry about it," I replied.

"I don't know what happened," he said.

"You need to talk to Chiron or the oracle," Annabeth said.

Percy looked at the lake and then waved at some Naiads that waved at them.

"Don't encourage them, Naiads are terrible flirts."
"I want to go home," he said.

"You are home though, this is the only safe place for demigods," I answered.

He frowned. "Wait, but then who are your dads? If we all are demigods."

"Mine is Poseidon, the god of the sea."

Annabeth stiffened. "My dad is a professor at West Point. I haven't seen him in two years."

"He's human," he said.

"You can't just assume that it has to be a male god."

"Then who's your mom?"

"Athena, the goddess of wisdom."

"And my dad?"

"We don't know yet," I said.

"Except for my mom."
"Maybe or maybe not. The gods don't always reveal their identities," Annabeth explained. "The only way to know is that your dad has to send you a sign to claim you as his."

"It might take days, or weeks or months or years, but it might happen eventually," I said.

"So I'm stuck here forever?" Percy asked.

"Some campers only stay for the summer, and some stay for the whole school year as well," Annabeth explained.

"So monsters can't come in here?"

"Only if they are summoned from someone inside here," I explained. "The borders are sealed to keep mortals and monsters out. From the outside, the mortals will just see a strawberry farm."

"So you both are year-rounders?"

Annabeth nodded. "We've been here since we were both seven."

"Why so young tho?"

"We'll tell you later," I said.

"Anyways Val and I should probably go train now," Annabeth said.

I looked at Percy. "We'll see you later?"

Percy nodded and then started walking down the trail that leads to the cabins.

Annabeth and I walked to the sword arena. When we got to the sword arena, I reached my hand up to the small trident hung around my neck and pulled it off and it turned into a sword. Chiron gave me this sword a month after I first came to camp. He told me it was from my dad. The name of the sword is Kymatismo.