Piece of Lint

Y/n POV:

"Y/f/n! Wake up! We have 5 hours to go!" I said, leaning over his shoulder to shake him away.

He grunted lightly, as well as obliging to me and turning around. I always leave the bounds open so I know when to get up, so the squint's and grunts again as the light hits him.

He processes quickly what's happening, and almost immediately jumps out of bed and to the kitchen.

I slowly make my way there as well, dragging my feet and jumping at the sight of myself in every possible place there was a reflection.

"Y/n. Go take a shower. I got breakfast handled." he said, showing me away with his fingers.

"Ok, ok! Geez!" I yelped back sarcastically, grabbing a glass of water from the sink. I slowly made my way to the bathroom, almost dropping my glass as I saw myself for the 10th time today.

I turned on the shower, letting the cold water run over my left hand, heating up as I undressed.

I jumped into the shower, making sure hot to gr my hair wet because it wasn't dirty and I sure wasn't about to blow dry it.

Shawn Mendes was the music I chose to play, because now I can be excited, right?

"Y/n! You've been in there for an hour! You only have 4 hours left!" Y/f/n called through the cracked door, and I almost immediately shut off the water.

I mist have been day dreaming because I sure as heck wasn't busy.

I quickly dried off before running to my room to change.

I could hear Y/f/n jamming out to something. Sounded like The Beatles or something.

I slid on my matching, pale, lace underwear, along with my mom jeans and sweater. I slipped on my white socks and grabbed my shoes before sliding into the kitchen to put my shoes by the door.

"Bacon!" I squealed, and Y/f/n chuckled.

"Dont squeal! You'll make the piggy feel sad about when he was younger!"

"Oh. I'm sorry." I replied poutily, before snatching the plate of bacon and running to the four person, wooden dining table.

I slid my phone out of my pocket and started swiping around in Instagram.

Wait, Shawn posted something.

{sorry the editings a little messed up

{sorry the editings a little messed up...🙈)

Aw! I wonder it that's... About me?

I smile to myself before shoveling the bacon into my mouth.

I slide around Instagram some more and reach down for another piece. Huh. Must have ate it all already. I chuckle to myself before getting up and washing my dish. I set it up to dry, and then dash up toward my room. I slow my pace when I get to the bathroom, not wanting to walk in on Y/f/n, even though we casually change in front of each other all the time. After knowing each other so long, it just isn't awkward.

You see, we were born on the same day. In the same room. Our mothers bonded during labor, and so literally from day one, we've been best friends. His family even moved onto our street so we could be closer.

As I reached for the handle to the door, Y/f/n opens the door, gliding past me as he walked out.

I open my drawer revealing all of my makeup, and pull out only the necessities. Just light and casual. Foundation, concealer, nude eyeshadow, and a medium pigment matte lipstick.

I reach down to my phone which was supposed to be sitting on my now makeup covered counter, to see that it isn't there.

"Y/f/n? Do you have my phone?" I plead, but get no answer.

"Y/f/n?" I repeat. No reply.

I step out of the bathroom and head to the kitchen, but notice him laying on your bed with his face shoved in your phone, reading your messages.

"See anything interesting?" I scold, grabbing your phone out of his grip.

"You didn't tell him your name until NOW?!" he yelled as you were getting further away.

"I was just so caught up in the moment I forgot! Don't worry, I already wish I hadn't. You don't gotta remind me!" I say, pulling my hair up in a loose braid.

"No, it's just- he said his name. THAT'S WHEN YOU SAY YOURS!".

"I wasn't thinking straight." I say, and lead myself to the living room of which I knew he would follow. I grab the remote, and turn on whatever random crap that was on. Y/f/n was immediately distracted by the story being told, and I took that time to clean up.

I jog BACK into my room and make my bed. In case for some reason Shawn comes through here. While in the room, I shove all my messy clothes under my bed, and once I'm satisfied, I step into the bathroom. I brush my teeth super quickly, and then put my hairbrush, makeup, face wash. etc. into the drawers and under the cabinets. On my way back to the living room, I drop my wet towel from the shower into the hamper.

Y/f/n was passed out on the couch, and I shook him awake realizing its 4:30.

"Hey sleepy head. He's gonna be here soon. You can either head out or I can kick you out." You say in a whisper.

It was always an inside joke because on his 12th birthday party, he had a sleepover with 7 other kids, including me. I had slept over with him thousands of times already, but it was the first sleepover either of us had with multiple other people.

Long story short, his brother got kicked out during the night, so it's just been something we say. That night was an awkward night.

"Ha. Ha." he said sarcastically, but he did wake up. He grabbed my wrists, and I flinched as he dragged my toward the window. He looked me up and down, circling me.

"Ew. Piece of lint. Turn off." he said, plucking it off of my shoulder.

"Um... two things, I'm not trying to turn him on, and its just a little piece of lint." I attacked back, stepping away from the blinding light. I grabbed his briefcase which was laying on the table, and pushed him out with it.

It was already 5:02. I shut my door, locked it back up, and sat down. My back was against the cold hard wall, and I slipped on my shoes. I quickly ran to use the bathroom, and made it back just in time to hear a knock on the door.

I took a deep breath, ran to the door, and unlocked it.