Dinner

Y/n POV

"Um yes, Mendes? Party of two?" Shawn spoke up, making the waiter look away from me.

She paused her actions, and looked at the obvious pop star next to me.

She cleared her throat, and looked back at her computer. "Yes! I see you, right this way." she spoke, and she sure did look Shawn up and down. But I mean, I couldn't blame her. Loom at him.

The waitress led us to the table, set down the menus, and then left us to get situated. Shawn rook my hand gently and let me dug down on one side of the booth while he sat on the other.

I got some random goosebumps. Whether they were from the cold leather booth I was sitting on or the fact that I was genuinely on a date with The Shawn Mendes was something I didn't know.

"So. You already know everything about me. My job, my favorite, and least favorite food. All of the above. But, what about you?" he questioned, making me again realize how damn crazy his fans are.

"I don't know everything!... Like, what in that journal titled, "Truth is"? You wouldn't tell us!!" I shot back, trying to be cute by letting my voice get slightly higher.

It might have worked, because his cheeks blushed and his shook his head with a smile on his face.

He calmed down and whatever he said I didn't hear it. His eyes that met mine were distracting me way too hard. They were every hue of the forest, rimmly cooled with moss. There lightness reminded me of summertime, when the sun rays made their way through the thick branches of trees and warmed each extended leaf. And next to the shade of his hair, the deepest brown, he was casually alive in the same way birds were. Its different seeing him in person, then through a screen. And seeing a friendly side of him, and not what he puts out just for fans.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I spoke, realizing I was staring and missing a whole conversation.

He lightly chuckled, and then repeated himself. "I said I guess you'll never know what I hide behind those pages. But go back to what you were saying about yourself."

I began to speak, but the waitress interrupted me.
"Can I start you guys off with something to drink?"

"Ill have a water with lemon." I smiled, and then waited for Shawn to order.

"Ill have an iced tea, please." he nodded, and then pointed his attention back on me, a signal for me to start.

"Ok, well, I'm 18, I'm currently picking a college, and I've never left the country." I paused, "I lived with my parents until I was 17, and I love dogs. Even if I am allergic."

"Haha me too!" he jumped in.

"I know." I said, moving my foot towards him and we both met in laughter.

"Man, you Mendes Army really stalk huh?"

"I guess you could say staying up till 4 a.m. to find rare photos of you and watching the same videos of you over and over is stalking."

"Real experience?" He stopped and looked at me, trying to hold in the biggest laugh.

"I was like 15!!" I laughed, sipping my water.

"No, no. It's fine. I get it. Your actually really cool to hang out with." he let a chuckle out, before taking a sip of his own drink.

"You know, you are too. It's cool to meet the not famous side of you."

He smiled, and handed me a menu.

I took it, and immediately checked the prices. Why was everything so expensive here?