Ushijima

I knew I needed to talk to someone about this thing, but now I suddenly feel embarrassed to say it aloud.

Is it really that odd of a subject that I feel embarrassed by it?

Grabbing my sports bag, I stepped out of the club room and walked towards the front gate.

I heard quick footsteps approaching me as I passed the gate.

"Wakatoshi-kun!" Tendō yelled as he ran up beside me.

Why does he call me that?
And why am I suddenly concerned about it?

With no reply, I kept walking. My thoughts were a skewed and I thought it best to sort them out before I said anything.

Half way through the walk home, I suppose he noticed my uneasy silence. It wasn't unusual for him to talk constantly and for me to stay silent. But he was silent, too...

"Wakatoshi-kun," he stopped walking. "What did you wanna talk 'bout?"

My stride halted as I turned to face him. Curiosity shone brightly in his eyes...

His...
Pretty, red eyes?

What?

"It's stupid, now that I think about it."
I averted my attention to the ground. I needed to stop looking at those eyes before I became even more confused.

"Wakatoshi," his voice was soft and concern was evident.

He gently placed his hand on my arm and I felt like screaming. His palm was warm, yet cold at the same time. The place he touched on my arm felt like it was on fire.

Surprised by my comfort of his touch, I couldn't decide if I wanted to run or wrap my arms around him and never let go.