Chapter 19

I was getting ready for my game against the United States. I heard they are great competitors. I was warming up a bit when I saw Mesut, Thomas, André, Basti, Lahm, and Claudia walking over to me.

"Nervous?" Claudia asked

"Eh just a bit." I said trying to shake off the feeling.

"No worry you do great." Basti said hugging me

"Thanks Basti" I said hugging him back

He pulled away and Thomas stepped forward with Mason in his arms. He handed me Mason and I cooed at him.

"Mama will try and win this game baby." I said to Mason

I looked up and saw Thomas staring at me. I tip toed to kiss him. They all started wolf whistling at us and I smiled into the kiss.

"You great no matter what." Thomas said to me

"I love you." I said

"I love you too." He said

He gave me one final kiss and I handed him Mason. They all wished me good luck and I went to start the line of my team.

"Ready for this?" Bertel asked from behind me

"You bet." I said

She smiled at me and we all began walking out onto the field. After the anthems and the coin toss, the game begun.

We were all doing really great but there has been no goals so far from either teams. I have a feeling that this game might go over time.

It was already the 75 minute and still nothing. That's when Bertel gets possession of the ball and she starts running. She later passed it to Mila. Mila ran but one of he defenders kicked it out so we got a corner. Mila stood at the corner while we all go positioned. She kicked the ball and I ran and headed it. The ball went into the net and my team hugged me. We went back into our positions to start again.

We had an extra three minutes and surely anything can happen in three minutes. Just when we thought we were going to win the game, a girl from the U.S. Team scored a goal. Looks like we're playing for 30 minutes more. The referee blew the whistle and we all went back to our coach.

"Excellent job girls. You are all doing great." Coach Löw said

I was on the ground and one of our helpers was massaging my legs. We all then talked about what we were going to do in the game. Then the referee blew the whistle and it was back to the game.

Bertel had managed to get the ball and was running to the goalie. She ended up kicking the ball but the goalie blocked it making it bounce in my direction. I then kicked the ball while she was on the ground and made my second goal of the night. My team came over to congratulate me. I then put my thumb in my mouth dedicating the goal to my son.

Moments later the U.S. made a goal. I heard heard Bertel huff in frustration so I jogged over to her.

"Hey don't lose confidence now. This game can still be ours." I said to her

She nodded and we continued the game.

I only had one defender from the U.S. close to me. I started running and I waved at Mila to pass it to me. She did and thats when I ended up falling to the ground due to the U.S. player having her foot out. The referee blew the whistle and gave her a yellow card. I then got a free kick.

"You got this." Bertel whispered in my ear

She then went to her spot on the line. The crowd was going crazy. The game was tied 2-2. This kick tells us if we go to penalties or not. I needed this goal for my team so we can make it to the final.

"This is the last kick of the game." The referee told me

Wow the time went by quickly. I nodded and looked out to the crowd. I saw so many fans cheering me on. I then looked at my team on the side. I saw Thomas with Mason in his arms. He mouthed to me, you can do this. I nodded and breathe in. I took a couple of steps back. All the pressure was on me now. I then ran at the ball and kicked it. I watched the ball fly in the air as it was heading to the goalie. The goalie jumped to where the ball was flying. She grazed it with the tip of her fingers but the ball went into the net. I fell on my knees and placed my head on the ground. I felt the girls pile up on me.

"WE'RE GOING TO THE FINALS!!!" They screamed out.

We all got up and hugged each other. I hugged the coach and the rest of the team. I looked around at the field and saw some U.S. girls on the ground. I walked up to one of them. She was crying.

"Hey you played an awesome game today." I told her

She looked up at me and smiled. She was the girl that made two goals for her team.

"Thanks you're a really good player." She said

"I'm Xylia." I said extending my hand out

"I'm Alex." She said shaking my hand

"It's nice to meet you Alex." I said

"You too." She said

I then took off my jersey and handed it to her.

"A reminder of a good game you played." I said

She took off her jersey and handed it to me.

"Thank you." She said

"No thank you." I said

I then looked out at the crowd and pointed at Alex. I started clapping for her and I saw people clapping along. Alex waved at them and smiled. She then gave me a hug and we walked out together. She thanked me again and left with her team. I saw Thomas waiting for me in the tunnel. I jogged over to him and he gave me the biggest hug and kiss.

"I so proud of you." He said

"Thank you." I said

I pulled away and Claudia hugged me.

"Gah you made it to finals." She laughed

"Couldn't have done it without the support of my family." I smiled

We all came in for one big group hug. I then pulled away so I could go shower. I headed into the locker room and showered quickly. I was where my clothes were and I saw an outfit on a hook. It was a pink maxi skirt with a black zippered crop top corset. There was then a knock on the locker and I turned to see Thomas all dressed up.

"Hey." He said

"Hi." I said. "What's the occasion?"

I pointed to his clothes.

"The men team having dinner with Brazil team tonight and I wonder if you be my date." He asked nervously. "Only if you not tired."

I smiled and nodded.

"Of course I'll go with you." I said

"Great. I be outside." He said walking away.

I smiled to myself and got dressed. I realized I had no shoes to wear.

"They're right here."

I looked up and saw Bertel all dressed up.

"You look gorgeous." I told her

"So do you." She handed me my black heels.

I quickly placed my football stuff into my duffel bag and headed out with Bertel. I saw the whole team waiting for me. Coach then took my duffel bag and handed it to someone. I guess they'll send it to the hotel.

"Alright everyone let's go eat!" Basti shouted and we all laughed

Basti really loves his food.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You guys literally make my day.

Thanks so much for voting and commenting ❤️

Question: So what do you think will happen during the dinner?