Chapter 36

~ Three Years Later~

Thomas and I are still somewhat together. Okay it's more of an on and off relationship.

Things have been really complicated throughout the years.

I'm in Spain and he's in Germany. He makes times for the three kids and I sometimes visit him in Germany.

We haven't spoken to each other in two months.

Mason is now a four year old who starts school in the fall with his older brother Davi, who is 6 almost 7.

The twins are three years old and very smart.

My kids just love football. It's in their blood.

(Picture on the side from left to right: Mason, Kol and Kai.)

We finally arrived in Russia. I got off the plane.

Marc was with Melissa, their son Marco.

Gerard was with Shakira, Milan, Sasha, their one year old daughter Katerina.

Sergio was with Ana, Juliana and their 5 month old son, Sergio Jr.

Mason, Sasha, Kai, Juliana, Kol, Milan: that's the order they were in as they walked holding hands.

I needed to capture the moment so I did.

"They are the cutest squad of friends ever." Shak smiled

"Oh yeah they are." Ana agreed

We made it on the bus. The Spanish National team needed three buses because we didn't fit in two.

We arrived at the hotel an hour later. I shared a room with Marc and Melissa while Sergio and Ana shared a room with Gerard and Shakira.

I unpacked my jerseys and placed them in the closet.

I will be representing Spain as their captain and I'm excited. I am ready to win this for my country.

"Mama, can we go to the park?" Mason asked

"Of course." I said

I told Marc that I was going out.

I took the kids to the park. I watched as they ran around. Mason was chasing Kol and Kai.

"Belle."

I looked up and saw Bastian.

"Hey Basti."

He sat down and gave me a hug.

"How are you?" He asked

"I'm fine, and you?" I asked

"Fine." He looked up and saw the kids. "They're big."

"Yeah Mason starts school in the fall." I said. "Told me he's kind of nervous."

"Every kid will be nervous."

"Exactly what I told him." I chuckled

"How are you and Thomas?" He asked

I looked over at him, "You know nothing?"

"What are you talking about?" He asked

"We haven't spoken to each other in two months. Our relationship is falling apart. He's getting drunk more than before. He's like isolating himself from the kids and I." I explained

"What do the twins say?" He asked

"They don't ask about him at all." I shrugged. "It hurts a little realizing that the twins don't want to talk to him. As their mother I would expect them to want to talk to him but they don't. Kol, he's emotionless when he's around Thomas."